Heading to 2B

Eastwood

Fixing head to 2B, should be there wednesday morning. Anybody heard any reports from the the bow hunters if they did any good? I would like to hear something even if they didn't kill anything. Don't worry, we won't be those wild bands of crazed atv Texans I've heard about. Just looking to get out of 90 degree weather and 75 percent humidity. I will have to bring a couple of copies of Texas Monthly and some Shiner beer so I don't get homesick though. Just kidding, Hope ya'll have good luck in which ever unit your in.

I have a friend whose dad killed an ok buck during the september hunt. something like a 7 point i think. nothing huge but thats a tough hunt. good luck...your gonna need it. its been hot so all you are gonna have are the resident deer. i would hunt down south if i were you

Bring some rain with ya, they can always use it.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I'm about forty miles southeast of Austin and we have had rain the past few days and it's in the forcast for the rest of the week, so I do have some to spare. We are planning on camping and scouting around south of hwy 64. Probably going to stick around the national forest unless I find out different.

From what I've heard it's been hot and dry. Deer aren't down from Colorado yet(or even thinking about it). I would hunt as close to the CO line as possible. There are some studs in there, just might be a bit tough to find right now. Good luck, hope you find a good one!

and stick next to the Jicarilla Apache Indian Reservation. I've always bumped good bucks near Iron Springs.

Hoping for cold weather ain't going to help me. I am leaving tonight and should be there around daylight tomorrow. I have the muzzleloader hunt that opens this friday. I would like to shoot a big one, but honestly I'll be happy with any legal buck.

Talk to the oilfield guys they just might be able to tell you where they are seeing bucks, get off into those closed roads and walk them and you will see some bucks. Good Luck

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I was just up there scouting last Wednesday. We stayed mainly in the forest area near the Jicarilla. Didn't see any deer, just two medium sized herds of elk on the reservation. I wish I had enough money to hunt the reservation. Good luck when you go! I'll be back up there for the rifle hunt Oct 30th.

Good luck Rooster and maybe i'll see you there! I hear youon the Jicarilla! I did a project there last year and everyday you would see monster bulls, bucks and bears! BIG money!

From what I say south of 64 is your best bet. I never went more than a few miles north of 64 however, reports from the oil field workers had big deer spotted on both sides, they ended up giving me some water holes on the north side to sit at, but after 1 day of that, it rained for about 18 hours, even with 35" mud terrains on my truck I barely managed to get out of there. My first time there, any buck in that country is a trophy, one of the toughest places I could ever imagine bowhunting.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom