Helical Blazer Vanes & WB

bigbull1

Very Active Member
Does anybody have experience with a Blazer Vanes set with a 2 degree helical using the wisker biscuit?

I am wondering if a two degree helical will help making broadheads fly more consistant than a straight BV. I heard somewhere you don't want to offset or helical fletch vanes with the WB.

Ed
4846b24c496505cb.jpg

I'm not sure but I don't think there is enough clearance using the Blazers and a WB.
jd

I recently bought a doz new used arrows that are the same as I use that have blazers on them that are almost straight. There is a big difference in accuracy just with field points. So much so that I stripped the fletching and re-did them. I apply as much right helical as I can get on my blazers and shoot them thru a bisquit without a problem. I robin hooded and arrow at 45 yards last week and shoot 3" groups at 65 yds with Stingers. Try it, you'll see a big difference.

3Blade

Wow,sounds like it really helps accuracy and certainly would help broadhead consistancy.

How many degrees did you go? I have only straight blazers currently and am ready to order another dozen soon from Hunter's Friend.

Thanks, Ed
484720bf2bf68815.jpg

Do yourself a favor and when you have the money and invest in a fletching jig. You can refletch arrows yourself and make repairs and save money in the long run. Don't buy a straight jig buy a helical or offset and you're on your way!

I just buy the XWeave shafts from HF and do them myself. I have an old bpe jig I bought yrs ago and I think you can still get them from 3Rivers Archery. I can't tell you what the degrees are? I just have it cranked around with as much helical as I can get and still get full contact of the base of the vane. It works good, there even stable in a good cross wind.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom