Hello from the UK

GameKeeper

Hi all this is my first post,I was invited to join by Jagerdad. I am a Game Keeper and Deer Manager in the UK down in the Westcountry S/W England.

Gamekeeper, I am very PROUD you came here and joined.

Many Hunters may learn from you. One topic is here Men run fast to place Game into a cooler yet YOU do things differently + have education to such in a Healthy manner.

Men, Boy'z and to all Ladies, I am proud to present to you, my FRIEND.

He brought my Daughter and I Roe Buck Hunting on the Estate South of Stone Hinge.

English Gentlemen still dress in suits for the Driven Birds. If he uses a term like "Beaters" and you do not understand, just ask.

Jagerdad :)

Founder..?..jump in

welcome, nice to see a difference of opinions, styles techniques on here.
Just don't believe any more than 25% of the stuff you read unless it is coming from the CAT then its all true! ;)

Hope you also remembered to bring a big spoon to stir the pot and your skin is thick, cause there sure is a lot of jabbing on this site :D

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Brit Humour can be very much barrack room, sarcastic and slightly cruel. It would get you a knuckle sandwich in some parts of the world. No offence meant and none will be taken, ?if you can't stand the heat best stay out of the kitchen?

Welcome aboard.

Some things to consider:

If you drive a 4 wheeler and need a tuneup, see a man named Bessy.

Do you like long range hunting?

I think you can hunt as a resident in Utah, maybe other states too.

Don't light up a doobie whilst taking care of your deer in your garage.

Do you know what the word 'plick' means?

Do you know what a 'Utard' is?

A Game Keeper manages the game on land for sporting shooting, at the moment this is 4000 young Pheasants, we will start shooting driven Pheasants over a team of 9 guns at the end of this month. A deer manager controls the deer on land, in my case this is a private estate. We would normally cull and my boss will sport hunt about 20 a year in total. Best tool to manage woodland deer? marlin 336 30-30.

I know GameKeeper is tired and he should be in bed by now....Time difference... (Western USA backwards to England) but I will toss the following questions towards GameKeeper:

GameKeeper.... My American friends may not understand or mentally form a picture of a Gun-Team and Pheasants flying at 150 Miles Per Hour :)

"Beet--ters" and "Dog-Handlers" are possibly strange terms for Campfire folks so, go Slooooow for them :)

Then if you can post pictures of the above and your 243 with its "Moderator" when "Lamping". These questions will be most interesting to Campfire Gentlemen.

A Picture of the new addition to your 336 may have some of these men Drooling. I would like to make my OWN statement. The following is a place I highly encourage anyone seeking a Tilley Hat, to order 1+ from:
Lance Nicholson

Fishing & Guns. 9 & 11 High Street, Dulverton TA22 9HB

01398 323409 RFD 52/86 A&S

Lance is very helpful. Buying from an Old World England's best gentleman I know (outside of the Oldest Pub GameKeeper brought me to) is a true step in the right direction..... elkassassin would look good under a Tilley :) ( So would many of us ). Lance also has Paper Game Targets that if Framed, would look great in a Man Cave.

Possibly the best question outside of the above list, is for GameKeeper to explain in 5000 words, how he handles a Roe Buck's Meat after the kill.

Outside of Hunting, GameKeeper, could you mention Cheddar and Caves that are near you. Many here do not know of such things.

Jagerdad, Bringing Friends to....Friends :)

PS: How old was/is the Pub we had a Beer in...?

I killed my first deer back in 1964 with a Marlin 336-A .30-30 caliber. Dad bought it back about 1950-1952? He only killed one deer with it, a big heavy 3X3 blacktail. When I killed my buck, he gave it to me and I've taken about 8 deer with it since then. I use it in real brushy situations where speed is paramount to distance. One of my prized possessions.

What's the deal with Cheddar and Caves? :)

Welcome aboard! Don't let the title "Monster Muleys" confuse you...there are many different forums, pictures, info, and not always about hunting. For example, the typical (?) White-tailed deer hunter on a "stand" patiently awaiting arrival of a big buck on "opening day"...oops! :)
88179whitetaileddeerhunter.jpg

welcome aboard square head...

....start thinking up your next 5 user names....british humor will get you banned by the rmj's....but no worries, all you need is a new email and user name to climb back on board.

CtmQb2IVIAA94LJ.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-16 AT 06:11AM (MST)[p]Jagerdad, just when I thought I had an hour to myself. I have emailed a picture of my 308 Tikka with a sound mod so will add when it has been loaded.

Before any game meet in the UK can enter the human food chain via a licenced game dealer you must attend a 1 day course and the meet must be kept in a chiller before collection. Small game must be kept at 4c or less and large game 7c or less. The chiller is forced air via a fan and the temp is digitally set.
As I keeper on a sporting estate there may be 350 plus pheasants waiting to be collected, these must be accompanied by a signed declaration quoting your qualification number for each days shooting. This does not apply to any given away or sold locally. Deer and Boar have to have an individual declaration and each carcase must be tagged to match the paper work. It took longer to type than it does to do.

Most of the deer shot on the estate are used by the owner, we hang these for 21 days at -2c the same as well hung beef. -4c will freeze a carcase.

Cheddar Gorge is a limestone gorge in the Mendip Hills, near the village of Cheddar, Somerset, England. The gorge is the site of the Cheddar show caves, where Britain's oldest complete human skeleton, Cheddar Man, estimated to be over 9,000 years old, was found in 1903.[1] Older remains from the Upper Late Palaeolithic era (12,000?13,000 years ago) have been found.[2] The caves, produced by the activity of an underground river, contain stalactites and stalagmites. The gorge is part of a Site of Special Scientific Interest called Cheddar Complex.[3]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheddar_Gorge
PS will also send pictures of the 336.
PS when Pete was over from BC Canada he said the pub was older than his country, I will have to go and check.

>welcome aboard square head...
>
>....start thinking up your next 5
>user names....british humor will get
>you banned by the rmj's....but
>no worries, all you need
>is a new email and
>user name to climb back
>on board.
>
>
CtmQb2IVIAA94LJ.jpg

Over a long and varied lifetime I have been banned from places you would not wish to be seen in when sober.

The trouble is I tend to tell it like it is and when you have given them the first barrel they may as well have the second one.

Somehow, GameKeepers Post went up above and should be down here.

Here it is in correct order:

GameKeeper (7 posts) Click to EMail GameKeeper Click to send private message to GameKeeper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
Oct-02-16, 05:54 AM (MST)
17. "RE: Hello from the UK"
LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-16 AT 06:11 AM (MST)

Jagerdad, just when I thought I had an hour to myself. I have emailed a picture of my 308 Tikka with a sound mod so will add when it has been loaded.

Before any game meet in the UK can enter the human food chain via a licenced game dealer you must attend a 1 day course and the meet must be kept in a chiller before collection. Small game must be kept at 4c or less and large game 7c or less. The chiller is forced air via a fan and the temp is digitally set.
As I keeper on a sporting estate there may be 350 plus pheasants waiting to be collected, these must be accompanied by a signed declaration quoting your qualification number for each days shooting. This does not apply to any given away or sold locally. Deer and Boar have to have an individual declaration and each carcase must be tagged to match the paper work. It took longer to type than it does to do.

Most of the deer shot on the estate are used by the owner, we hang these for 21 days at -2c the same as well hung beef. -4c will freeze a carcase.

Cheddar Gorge is a limestone gorge in the Mendip Hills, near the village of Cheddar, Somerset, England. The gorge is the site of the Cheddar show caves, where Britain's oldest complete human skeleton, Cheddar Man, estimated to be over 9,000 years old, was found in 1903.<1> Older remains from the Upper Late Palaeolithic era (12,000?13,000 years ago) have been found.<2> The caves, produced by the activity of an underground river, contain stalactites and stalagmites. The gorge is part of a Site of Special Scientific Interest called Cheddar Complex.<3>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheddar_Gorge
PS will also send pictures of the 336.
PS when Pete was over from BC Canada he said the pub was older than his country, I will have to go and check.

MonsterMuley's is a lot like the Ryder Cup. You have to ignore the hecklers or you'll lose your composure.

RE: Hello from the UK,Pictures as promissed

76507img7418.jpg

51158img7419.jpg

49492img7420.jpg

The first rifle is a Tikka .308 heavy barrel,Leupold 4-14x50 Boon & Crocket reticule target turrets added. reflex T8 moderator. 125gr,150gr,165gr & 180gr all adjusted to match reticule.
Marlin 336 30-30 with new custom stock by Treebone Carving, fitted by Lance Nicholson, Dulverton, Somerset, SW England.

GameKeeper .... Your Pictured Post #21 was placed above...?

Maybe refresh your page then hit reply to the last entry.

8262676507img7418.jpg

8582951158img7419.jpg

8149649492img7420.jpg

The first rifle is a Tikka .308 heavy barrel,Leupold 4-14x50 Boon & Crocket reticule target turrets added. reflex T8 moderator. 125gr,150gr,165gr & 180gr all adjusted to match reticule.
Marlin 336 30-30 with new custom stock by Treebone Carving, fitted by Lance Nicholson, Dulverton, Somerset, SW England.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom