Help area 201,204 for handicap hunter

huntdux

So I was wondering if anyone had an idea of where I could help a friend get on a buck, he is a sight impaired hunter (only has peripheral vision). We have hunted a few areas but its kinda hard going when we have to hike due to his sight. with the snow yesterday it was really rough. so I am looking for a area with pretty good access. I know its hard to sugust a area to "road hunt but with him spending more time on his back yesterday than on his feet its kinda discouraging. Now I know some of you are saying why is a blind man hunting? but he is a great shot it just takes some time to get set up for the shot and needs a spotter for him.Any help would be a great help as we have seen a few deer but just couldnt close the distance.

Try Desert Creek in 201, just watch which side of the state line your on. The California game wardens patrol that alot. But theres usually some bucks to be seen.

Thanks

Brownie

Well my friend Tim connected with a nice 3x2 this morning. it was such a privilege to hunt with him. We went where everyone suggested. taking our time driving slowly I spotted the buck with quite a few does. the were right next to the road about 75 yards away, As I said before Tim is Vision impaired so it was hard to be able to spot and then relate the location of where these deer were. just as they moved out of site he spotted them, we walked down the road to see if we could get on them again but I located them walking through the dark trees this time about 200 yards up the hill, again Tim couldn't spot them. I told him lets go back to the truck and drive up and over this little rise and see if we could locate them in the burn. just as a go around the corner i spot them again about 500 yards away still just feeding and walking slowly this time Tim could see them but is only comfortable taking about a 200 yard shot. we watched the deer feed down the ridge into a little gully. i drove up a little farther to where we couldn't see them any more and parked the truck and we made a quick game plan to stalk in to where they were. we walked to within 65 yards of the buck and 4 does. when the does started to get nervous i told Tim to get set up. the Buck ran down the hill and into a wide opening 155 yards away I told Tim where he was and Tim located him i told him to shoot but the buck started moving again so i tried the east coast "woop" to see if the buck would stop and couldn't believe that he buck did stop, one more quick pin point on location to Tim and he said got him BOOM, Did I Hit Him? I told him lets go get your deer he's down. It was a great day and couldn't be happier for my friend. Thank you Guys for the Help on where to go.
9668dscn3260.jpg

4147dscn3261.jpg

3395dscn3262.jpg

6945dscn3263.jpg

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom