Help in X6-B

Genome

Need some help guys,

Hunted the opener hard but saw nothing but does and a small Spike/Fork. This was my first time hunting the area and covered a lot of ground with no luck. Friends said to hunt around the Frenchman's lake and Antelope lake areas early in the season as it usually takes some weather to bring the bucks out of the high ground. Any thoughts on where I might focus this comming weekend?

Get on google earth, or get out the topo maps. Find the highest peak around, get there in the dark, and glass your azz off. Pack everything you need for the day, food, water, extra clothes and stay for the whole darn day if not a couple days. The bucks are there, they require you to commit your time as theyve been chased by every archer around for the past month.Trust me, the higher the better, and then some. Sounds pretty repetitive, but it works for me. Watch the wind, sun and the weather, never get caught upwind. Sorry it sounds like the same old song and dance, but its a good recipe for success. If your unfamiliar with the are, get a bushnell waypoint gps for $50, so getting lost isnt an option. Good luck

Thanks for the info, I'm heading up tomorrow night for one more chance. When you refer to the Doyle grade do you mean the BLM and National Forest Land to the left and right of Doyle Grade Road?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom