help me achieve my Goal of Outfitting

F

fishinghunter14

hey guys,
so i have personally been trying to obtain myself an outfitting business. well after many attempts at obtaining loans and being turned down i am at a last ditch effort using a website that collects donations for my personal cause. i ask that even if you cannot contribute you pass the word out to everyone so i can have the best possible chance of achieving my goal and dream of being an outfitter. please go to the website and read about my "campaign" so that you can get a full idea of my concept. there is also 5 elk hunts up for grabs if you donate to my "campaign" remember guys they are tax deductible.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-get-my-dream-of-pair-a-dice-outfitters-and-guides/x/3004645

your fellow Monster Muley Member
Josh
"Bare Down for the 8, And nod for the
Gate"
Hit the Dirt, dust off ur ass, Grab ur
hat, and tip it to the crowd

tax deduction??????lmao. Good luck with that......

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

hey if you wanna be a d**k dont help, im simply asking for some help from some people that may be able to help me out. sportsman to sportsman, its simple if you cant help and dont wanna help ignore the thread if you can help and want to help then i appreciate it completely. even if you dont have the money i jus ask you pass this along to help me out. thanks

Gate"

You GOT to be joking! You're 23. Why don't you try WORKING for what you get in life instead of trying to con someone into giving it to you.

Hey Guys, i've always wanted a new truck but am having trouble with the down payment. Anyone willing to help please PM me. If you are not willing to help, keep your opinions to yourself! Thanks! j/k

Seriously, i'm a soft touch, easy to get a contribution from, but my little extra money is going to try and help disabled guys like Yelum have better access to the outdoors be it a track laid wheel chair!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

What is the name of the outfitting bsn you are wanting to buy?

That Pair-a-Dice?

Can ya save up your own money and give them a downpymnt and have them carry the note for a few years?

Robb

Haha.....ok it's out of my system now.

What's so pricey about an outfitting business? Seriously? I believe it's $100 for a guides license, $500 for an outfitters license and then it's all up to you to get out there and bust your azz and build up your clientele. This applies to nm and az, Utah might be stupidly over priced, but man it takes most guys years to build up a good reputable outfitting business.

I'm a firm believer that if you want something, you better earn it!

I just call em as I see em!

I appreciate the effort. I totally support grass-roots entrepreneurship efforts and if I can I will donate to causes such as this.

Just a couple of observations:

First I notice you are trying to get $100K. Is that the amount of loans you have been trying to take out? Have you considered a smaller amount? It might be easier to get loans for smaller amount from several different sources.

Have you looked at courting investors?

in the true spirit of entrepreneurship you should be pursuing all these avenues and doing it anyway and not holding your dream out to a specific dollar amount.

I will donate as soon as I get my student loans paid off.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Ok so first off, none of you know me, none of you. That being said i ubderstand this is a "lazy" way of doing it but none of you know my situation. So here you go lemme tell you what i am doing for you to better understand. I am 23 years old, i have been working since i was 14, i have been hunting with my dad since i was 3, iv been riding horses since 5, i have packed camps, i have guided hunters, iv been up at 2am and didnt get to camp til 9pm packong out animals. I currently work at a tire shop i run passenger tires, light truck tires, commercial tires, and OTR tires. I am on call 24-7 365. Im up at 430 everymorning and im lucky to be off by 5pm. I dont have very many weekends to myself, im lucky to get off to scout for hunting, and i do get my hunting seasons off. I know i havent worked much compared to some of you older guys but i havent quite had the easiest jobs. I began rodeoing when i was 13, cut off my finger whenni was 14 roping, rode bareback horses, saddle bronc tied down calves rode bulls and team roped in my career. Iv had more hospital visits than the rest of my family combined. I was a high school wrestler. I have a 14 degree curvature in my spine that iv been fighting all the way through high school. I went to college and rode in the NIRA as a team roper. And since then have been trying to pay off my bills from rodeo, college and my truck. Now the business part i understand it is easy to startup your own business, but here in colorado it is a little harder to come up with permits if you do find a decent place to have them they barely give u enough man days to even make any money. Also the money going into buying gear, horses, feed, permits, and people takes a little bit. So i have found a gentleman that owns a very nice business, he is getting to old to run it and would like to sell it to someone that will take over and run it to keep it going for him so he can retire. On that sight i am asking for 100,000 because they said to ask for a little more than you need cause u dont always reach the intended goal. The money i raise would be used as a down payment and if i did have a decent down payment the gentleman would carry a note for a few years. But hd would like a pretty good down payment. Also if i can get a good down payment then it would take off the amount of a loan i would need and iv been told by many banks and loan agencies that due to my age i need a down payment. I have been working o this for 4 years to buy a business. The owner is trying to get a sale within the next 2 years otherwise he is jus going to sell all equiptment and dissolve the business, which is my need for a quick get rich sceam. If it doesnt work then thats fine i will work for another one. I really dont care bout the smart ass comments, if you really dont know me dont judge me. I invite any of you to come walk a mile in my shoes. Im not doing this all for myself either, i am doing this cause it is also my dads dream to have an outfitting business and work for a reputable business, my brothers both want to become professional guides. Plus i want to be able to pass this down to my future kids and build a foundation for my family. Im simply going by the words my late Grandfather told me "your young if you screw up and lose all ur money, you have plenty of timd to rebuild it and try it again". thats what i am going by. So nos that you guys know a little about me an what im going through to do this you can bash me all you want. It will not change the fact that i am doing everything i can to achieve my dreams, if it doesnt work out now ill jus keep working til it does.

Gate"

LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-13 AT 09:10AM (MST)[p]I applaud your dream, but I think you are very naive if you think you're going to get any real amount of donations from strangers by doing what you're doing. Also, to tell people their donations are tax deductible is not accurate and should not be in your request. Have you given any thought of getting toegther with your Dad and brothers to possibly take over that established business under some type of temporary arrangement with the old guy that owns it? He could oversee things and a good portion of what you would make the first few years could be paid to him as a yearly downpayment until you can see your way to buy him out completely. In the meantime he will have a retirement income and know that his business is going to continue with some good old boys that are doing it for the love of it! The other way might be to try and find 20 investors for $5000 each that would sign a contract with you allowing them a hunt for that much money within a specified amount of time. That would obviously require you to come through because all it would take is one of them to get pissed enough that you didn't satisfy the contract and you might get sized up for a pair of concrete boots. Just a couple thoughts I had because I do admire what you want to do, just not the way you're going about it.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-13 AT 12:33PM (MST)[p]I recommend getting a bachelors degree in Business Management to go along with your associates degree in Equine Management. It may cause you to miss this opportunity, but their will always be others. The extra education will help build a foundational know-how to improve the chances of your business lasting more long term.

heartshot part of my equine management is a business management and marketing. I understand that its only an associates but the whole purpose of my degree was to operate and own a business. along with training colts. which is what i want to do with my summers in the business. guys im not hoping to get 100,000 dollars i am trying to get enough for a down payment on a loan to help my chances of getting the loan for what i need. we are working with the guy to try and work out an idea on me taking over and him still owning. the business does cost a lot more than 100,000. if you guys dont want to donate thats fine with me im not trying to get a full business off of other peoples donations just a small chunk to possibly help myself. i have tried getting federal grants but since i am not a minority, a woman or non-profit they dont help me much. i have actually had a loan agency flat out tell me they will not help me under any circumstance even with a cosigner cause of my age without a 10-20% down payment. so if i had 10,000 dollars that would help with a down payment. and on that site if you donated $5000 you would get a free hunt with me when the business is aquired so there is an investment type opportunity. i honestly dont think the site is gonna get me a dime at all but it was worth a shot until i can get some money put together. i have nothing to really put up as collateral, i am not willing to sell my pickup because that is all my transportation to and from my current work. i appreciate you guys hasseling me it jus drives me harder and harder to achieve this dream. i have tried looking into starting my own business cause i actually would like that also but its just as hard to do that

Gate"

As ruthless as people can be on these boards, in this case they are right. Getting on here and saying people shouldn't judge you is is not the smartest thing to say.

You are asking people to give up there own money for a cause that far behind many of the "health" causes we have seen on these boards.

Get your family together and have them put up a good down payment. If the bank says you are too young for a loan, have a family member sign with you.

I'd bet that most of your family that is interested in this business have assets, maybe 2+ vehicles. Have them sell for cash. I will guarantee you will have a much better, vested interest in seeing your business succeed.

I actually commend you for having the desire to start a business. Having a tough demanding job is no excuse. Make your situation better. It sounds like ignorant advice, but its the truth.

I sold a lot of my stuff to start my business. It wasn't that fun to do, but worth it!

I think you have probably already come to the realization that you won't be getting any real amount of money asking for donations on that website. In turn, IMHO I would scrap it and look for a few $5000 investors that will sign a contract to get a future hunt in return for that money. You also need to be upfront and state exactly what the business is that you wish to acquire so people know exactly what and where it is if you want any kind of a positive response. Heck, you could even ask for $2500 on a contract basis as money upfront for a future hunt with the balance to be paid in a few years when that hunt takes place. I think there are a number of ways, including immediately getting those family members involved that you mentioned, to have a good shot at buying that business.

Reality check.

I own my own business, which I acquired through many years of hard work and schooling. I did not come from money, did not get any financial "outside" help, other than school loans, which I have paid back in full.

Now every day as the owner of a business, I receive requests from many charitable organizations asking for donations to help the needy, poor, and those otherwise unable to provide for themselves for any number of reasons. I also get requests to donate for research endeavors, such as my Wife donating her time effort and money to the Susan G Komen 3 day 60 Walk for Breast Cancer.

You say we should not judge you, but how fair and reasonable are you being. I, as most, only have so much to give. Because the requests I receive far exceed what I have available to give, I must judge the merits of the requests to make sure I give to what I determine to be the most deserving cause. Your requests falls well short of what I would ever give to.

I suspect your grandfather never intended for you to use his words of advice to justify you embarking on a business plan which contemplates you asking for handouts from people you don't know, simply to help you personally succeed with your dream business plan. Moreover I suspect your grandfather would not agree with your lashing out at those who have the audacity to judge the merits of your requests.

In my opinion you have much to learn about life and business. Simply not a worthy donation, as compared to the many others that seek my money every day.

Just my 2 cents on the issue.

TOPGUN i have thought of finding the investors, but honestly if i came on here lets say and said hey guys i am looking at starting an outfitting business. i need lets say 5 people to donate $5000 to me for a down payment on my business. and if you donate you will get a free hunt once the business is up and running within the next 2 years. how many people would actually want to give me $5000 or as you said even $2500 and they pay the rest once i have the business in hand and they decide to come hunt. honestly with the way iv seen other people treated on here with other things i think id get razzed the same exact way. i understand you guys dont wanna donate a dime to someone thats fine. but there may be someone out there that says hey that guy needs help and i want to help him out. you never know...i never know. also idk where this 2+ vehicle thing comes from in my family we have 1 vehicle a piece. i have 1 extra vehicle that i am selling and that is going straight towards my business i even am getting half of what i paid for that. really i dont care what anyone says on here, just because you dont want to donate to me doesnt matter. and last there are 4 open slots on there where if you donate $5000 you get a free hunt with me. so that is an investment type of opportunity for someone that may want to hunt in the future. but im sure that even if i asked people for an investment opportunity you guys would jus laugh anyways. but if someone would like something like that i will give you more information on what business i am buying and where i will be outfitting at. otherwise anyone else thanks for looking have a nice day

Gate"

Have u considered actually becoming a guide FULL time to involve yourself in the industry? That is how the majority of current outfitters became outfitters. You guide full time, you meet great clients, sometimes one in particular who decides they want to back on outfit. etc... I have been guiding full time for 7 years. I spend over 120 days per year living in a tent and sleeping bag in the Wilderness areas between running a string of horses and mules all summer on pack trips, to my fall hunting camp that sits 18 miles deep in the wilderness of wyoming. I teach at a Guide school for one class a summer still before going to my Wyoming job... There are many ways to become an outfitter. The best..become a guide and work for an outfitter that is eventually going to sell. Learn the ins and outs of their business and area, build up your money, and make a deal to take it over slowly from them with yearly payments. You say that you are working your hardest to have your "dream" of a backcountry horse-back outfitting business, I would highly suggest showing your desires by becoming a guide full time and make a living at it, before you decide that outfitting is your dream. Most guides have dreams and desires of becoming an outfitter, the best part of being a guide full-time, is you quickly realize which outfits are worth trying to purchase or not. I would never spend my effort to buy an outfit with poor client return rates, bad hunting etc...and those things only become apparent when you are immersed in the industry and networking with many people who use this lifestyle to pay our bills. Im not trying to bash what you are attempting to do, just trying to give you an idea, that if your truly dreaming of being an outfitter, you should consider making guiding your career, not tires.

Well with that last post and your attitude you can stick your business ambitions where the sun don't shine. As mentioned in the post before yours, you have a lot to learn in life and if what you said about your grandfather is true he's probably turning over in his grave when he saw that website of yours asking strangers for handouts because that's exactly what you're doing. You are asking for $5000 on your website and saying that contributor will get a free hunt just on your word! You are quick to reject others advice and say that you will give a free hunt if they give you money, but don't think people will do the same for basicly a guaranteed hunt if they sign a contract that you have to honor. What a crock and a copout!!! Why not write it up as a contract so people have an investment that may pay off dividends for them and even more for you! Why should anyone give you one friggin penny when you won't even name the business you are talking about buying. Hells bells, we don't know you or even that there is a reputable business out there that you're looking to buy. For all we know you might be a close relative of Bernie Madoff, LOL!

honestly id rather not tell anyone what business i am buying that is my personal information. If i put it up on here which one i was buying it would probably help out the outfitter get the word out but wouldnt help me. i really dont care if anyone on here likes me or not iv seen plenty of other people be bashed on this site for nothing. jus because abunch of guys can sit on here and bash other people doesnt mean anything to me. i simply asked if anyone would like to help. as i said if someone would like to invest i have a private inbox. i am still talking to loan organizations. i am working with my parents and brothers to help me. honestly my brothers are younger than i am. my parents jus bought a home of their own so they really cant cosign for me. i didnt want to get on here and ask for a pity trip, i know its a free handout, i know its lazy, i know none of you guys agree with it. TOPGUN i ask that you do not talk about my grandfather, i wish you new the full story with him but that is my business. also i have worked full time for an outfitter i used to spend 7 days a week may 1 to dec 1 on a horse. i do know alot about guiding i do know a lot about running a guide business i appreciate your insight from everyone and i am still not turning down any suggestions if i could delete this thread i would so that i could get on with what im doing. if i could delete the campaign i would now jus to make you all feel better but someone decided to donate a dollar and once you get any funding its stuck. the loan agancy i talked with today at lunch told me i need 20% down so i am working for that. i know there are people out there that have gone through a business aquisation and i ask them to help me with some insight on more help.

Gate"

start your own from the ground up.....

littlebeaver.jpg

Ooooooohhhhh... I didn't realize you have debts and broken bones from RODEO. That changes everything. Now, if you'll just throw in that you train horses on the side, when you can get work, I will get my checkbook out for sure.

Seriously kid, best of luck to you. If this is really your and your dads dream then you might start at the bank and borrow the money to get started. Throw in the part about rodeoing on your application. That should help.

Any outfitting business is only worth what it generated the prior two years of business. $100,000 seems like a lot of money. Make sure you know what its worth before you buy it. Good luck and maybe try a Powerball ticket!

>Ooooooohhhhh... I didn't realize you have
>debts and broken bones from
>RODEO. That changes everything. Now,
>if you'll just throw in
>that you train horses on
>the side, when you can
>get work, I will get
>my checkbook out for sure.
>
>
>Seriously kid, best of luck to
>you. If this is really
>your and your dads dream
>then you might start at
>the bank and borrow the
>money to get started. Throw
>in the part about rodeoing
>on your application. That should
>help.

JFP NVB!

Cut the Boy a Check for GAWDS Sake!

You can't take it all with you NVB!

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

Bess, an old cattle buyer I knew when I was a kid always said "If I can't take it with me I ain't going!". As far as I know he felt his widow without much of anything.

ok guys here it is, i have been working on this for 3 years. i was told from a friend how that site helped him raise money for his divorse campaign thing. as a 23 year old i jumped the gun last night signed myself up hoping to get some money to help. i mean honestly who wants to turn down free money. Now in honest truth prolly what i should have done was get on here and ask everyone for their insight, im sure there are some business owners on here that could have helped me. i got on there today to cancel my campaign and someone donated $1 so the rule is once you have any funds you cannot cancel it. i appologize to anyone on here that i offended for being an a hole. if this site does work and i raise the money i will still use it as a down payment and once the business is obtained the amount i used for the down payment i am going to repay with hunts donated to kids, special needs and wounded warriors. it may take a few years but id prefer to give the money back someway i cant really give it back to the donator unless they would like a hunt themselves. NV jus so you know i only have 1 broken bone from rodeo, the others were Lacerations of my fingers, concussions and dislocations (when i actually went and didnt put it in myself) also i do train horses, when im not working. and i do put rodeo on my resumes, im not asking you for money just letting you know the facts from ur other post.

sorry to offend everyone on here, just a kid that jumped the gun and went for some free money wanting something a little to much to quickly

Gate"

I got a frisky $5 bill in my wallet just wanting to get out! Can I get a drop tent on the wasatch for that? If not you can still have it if you drive to nephi to get it!

Don't drink and call your Girlfriend at night!!!!!!

id tell you what i personally would still help anyone on this site if they came to me for help. way i see it the hunting community is a tight knit community. a person just confessed to their screw up and appologized an you simply kick a person in the gut. o well i see how it is, big man on a key board. i really dont care about you razzin me man, i did what i did. i appologized now its off my chest and im going to make the best of what i did. take that 5 bucks go buy urself a lotto ticket and hope for a win, so you can take the money and buy urself ur dream hunt then lemme know what its like to get a taste of your dream.

Gate"

This is a perfect example of what is basically wrong with our society today.

"You do all the hard work, set me up and I will run the business".....this ain't how it works son.

The thought that you could/would, get people to pay for your "dream", makes it seem unearned and cheap.

Also, without your own "sweat equity", when things get tough, you won't have a strong reason to work it out.

I fear for your success and your thinly veiled goals.......but good luck with it.

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

Be realistic and be professional. Spelling, grammar and clarity matter if you are wanting people to give you their money. Also most folks wont hand out money without gathering information. Just free advice courtesy of the another internet professor

Admitting you f'ed up is a step in the right direction. And for the record, these guys went easy on ya. You are young, maybe you deserve a pass. Keep this thread handy and re-read it...often. Hopefully, you will look back and think...did I really do that, was that my mentality when I was 23?

Anywho. Would the seller be willing to train you to run his business for a couple of years, then let you run his business for a few years, then buy out the remainder...when you are bit older, more experienced and more credit worthy? Put yourself in his shoes, think of a scenario that works for you both.

Money these days is too hard to come by to just give someone to TRY to fulfill a dream. I don't know anyone who admits to having more money than they need.

With that said, I'm trying to start my own pimpin' business. Can you guys help me out and send me some of your daughters? They don't have to be looking but they will need to have really good customer service.

M'Balz Es Hari

.....tell them down at the bank that they can write you off their taxes.....

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

Don't let Wisz Bulllsshhitt you!

He's run that Side-Pimpin Business for years now & I hear it's TAX Free?:D

I kind of get the feeling the fellus here don't like your idea?? Just sayin!

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

By the way, the spelling and grammar in your "signature/quote", also shows a lack of education and intelligence.

Not very inspirational to someone looking for an investment opportunity.

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

Good luck with your dream,kid.Life is full of choices.You made a bad one with this post.Life is also full of lessons.Lesson learned.Keep the dream alive;someday things will work out for you.Lots of good advice above.

One more thing; anyone who would be willing to invest in your "potential" company would want to see a P&L statement for the current outfitting business. That will be one of the acid tests for determining what the business is really worth.
This "business" might seen glamorous but it must make financial sense.
Good luck, I hope you find a way to live your dream
Zeke

Hey BESS- They can't tax it if they don't know the ho's be3 bringin' it in! All cash, baby!! You know any woman who need a job? It kinda "sucks", but I take care of my ladies.

M'Balz Es Hari

Geez kid i was going to reply yesterday telling you good luck and all that happy horse @*%#.
You went from asking for money and promising hunts, etc etc, to admitting now that you feel it was "free" money.
Your sob story about how hard you have worked all your short life never brought a tear to my eye as well as im sure no one elses here. I have been thru all that and more as have most on this site. Don't go thinking your all that because you have worked a few 12 hour days...i do it every day and have done it for more years then you have been alive. Your not the Lone Ranger by any means.
You have an ambition....but your going about it all wrong, there is some good advice here about how you need to do it.
But you want it all right now, you dont want to wait, you dont want to work for it, you want someone to hand it to you on a silver spoon with the word that maybe you would help them out in the future.
You say you know alot about guiding, thats what my 14 yo son tells me about alot of things also...you really think you have it figured out don't you? It's obvious that you don't have jack figured out, that mostly includes how to interact with people.
Just by reading your posts, I would say your best bet would be to go back to spelling and english classes.

I hate to tell you this kid, but with everyone in here always talking about "the clubhouse", you'd be more likely to find a guy willing to give you a bj than you would a dollar.

Well, you for sure ruffled some feathers!

For the first 5 years after I opened my business I never took a day off. The toll that it took on my family was something I will never forget.
A few times since then, I kept going when common sense told me to quit. I kept going simply because I had invested so much of my life, time, and family's time in the business to give it up without a fight.
Today, after 20 years in business, we're still here and have no plans to quit anytime soon!

If you got what you want this way you would just piss it away. Nothing gained without the benefit of hard work and sacrifice would ever be worth keeping anyway. With so little of yourself invested in it, you wouldn't be strong enough to keep it.

CB08

>Hey BESS- They can't tax it
>if they don't know the
>ho's be3 bringin' it in!
>All cash, baby!! You know
>any woman who need a
>job? It kinda "sucks", but
>I take care of my
>ladies.
>
>M'Balz Es Hari

Well Wisz!

Ms Wisz is gonna find your Stash of Cash one of these Days & it Ain't gonna be Perty!

She will look at it the same way though!

TAX FREE!:D

Ha, that's what I thought. Same defensive attitude from a kid that already knows everything.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom