Help my son

jabber

My son drew the late season any bull hunt that is located in Uintah County, in the area boundaried by the White and Green Rivers. Being almost 1500 miles away, I am not real familiar with the area, I am getting maps, doing the google earth thing and am trying to plan a scouting trip in early september, but would appreciate it if anybody could point me to an area or direction to start looking in.

Thanks

It appears that your son drew the "Youth" late season any bull hunt, is that correct? Most of the elk are back in the Dinasour State Park or in Colorado until they move down for the winter. There is some private property along the Green river that the elk like to winter on. I would suggest hunting the edges of the private property and catch the elk before they move out onto the private in the evenings or catch them as they move back up into the cedars on the BLM in the morning. Call the Vernal DWR office at 435-781-9453 and I believe the Biologist will be glad to help you out with more specifics.

Smokepole

Yes, it is the YH-498 youth late any bull hunt from Nov. 15 - 25. I will give the Biologist a call as soon as my BLM map gets here. Thanks for the input Smokepole.

Smokepole question.....along these lines.

My son also drew a tag but it is youth state wide. This does not include the draw units. That said can you pin down a area I should be looking harder at? Thanks.

RE: Smokepole question.....along these lines.

contact me if you have not found a spot i can and will shoot you some great spots that should produce i will be taking a friends boy on the same hunt happy to share the locations with you i have hunted there 14 years with good success this youth tag is an awsome opportunity i love to see the youth get there kill drop me a note i will give you all the information

andy

Andy I would love to know more. Can you drop me a PM. I hope to put my son in next year. Maybe just a number I could call you next year.

sure 801-414-3464 call anytime put him in for the state wide youth bull hunt in sept the bulls will be ruting and i know some great locations I am taking my friend and his boy in 6 weeks will send you pics and an update if you like

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom