Help on WY Antelope seasons

wildwilderness

I have a couple of questions on WY antelope- I'm a Non-Resident

I'm looking to get a couple Reduced Doe tag to take my 12 yr old hunting.

1. First, some of the areas list the start date as Sept 10 but no end date? How can I find the end date? I probably won't be able to hunt til Oct. (trips to AK, and elk in Sept!)

2. How can we apply as a group but not use my Bonus Points? Does a second choice us points? Leftover draw?

Thanks

phil

Just look up last year's regs. They usually change very little. Antelope seasons are very liberal. If it starts Sept. 10, if I remember right, most of those go at least to Oct. 15, but it seems like Oct 30. I'm not lucky enough to draw very often, but either way, you will have plenty of opportunity. One thing to keep in mind. The later it gets, the bigger the chance of bad weather. Wet weather in Wyoming means sloppy, slimy, clay roads, that become almost impossible to navigate. If you will look into units with oil development, many of those roads have been graveled, and this helps tremendously. What areas were you looking at?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-14 AT 06:44PM (MST)[p]Don't worry about your PPs as the doe/fawn tags are not under the PP system. You can also get youth tags for the kid at a cheap price and each person can have up to 4 tags, but only two in the initial draw. Just find a unit you want to hunt that has enough public land and available tags in the list that is on the G&F website and apply for them in the draw. You have almost two weeks to do that or you can wait until after the draw results come out and the G&F posts the leftover lists. Those tags then go on sale on a first come first served basis for anyone in July and they are cheaper because they waive the $14 application fee you have to pay if you enter the draw. Highlight "HUNTING" on the G&F home page and the click on "Final Regulations" that comes up with a bunch of other stuff. That will bring up all of the seasons for last year and you can go down and click on the Antelope seasons to see tag numbers and season dates for last year. They should not change much, if at all, for this year. Send me a PM if you need further help.

Thanks for the responses. It looks like the Reduced tags will go til the end of Oct-31. Should be enough time.

I am from Western Colorado so I was looking at the SW corner. I have hunted 99 about 5 yrs ago and had some access to private but haven't kept in touch since then. It seemed that most of the antelope were near or in fields then.

from what I see here are some options I am considering-
53 by Baggs- within 1 mile of irrigated land- enough public?
95 by flaming gorge- ON irrigated land only- seems all private?
99 by Mt view- unit wide, though mostly private where antelope are, may have some connections
100 and 94 unit wide - a friend said he got a few does there 5 yrs ago with enough public. I have no experience there but they give a lot of tags.

Thanks for any advice. also is there a program to access some private lands?

phil

bucklover quote: "Wet weather in Wyoming means sloppy, slimy, clay roads, that become almost impossible to navigate. If you will look into units with oil development, many of those roads have been graveled, and this helps tremendously. What areas were you looking at?

Around the oil fields they do cover them with gravel and then SPRAY a oily coating on them to cut down on dusty roads. BUT ONCE IT SNOWS AND MELTS OR RAINS...YOU WILL HAVE A REAL GOOD MESS AND COATING UNDER YOUR VEHICLE THAT UNLESS YOU GET TO A REAL GOOD HIGH PRESSURE CAR WASH, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET RID OF THAT CRAP...I STILL HAVE THAT COMBO UNDER MY PU AND HAD TO HAVE REPAIRS DONE LAST YEAR ON THE WAY HOME AND EVEN LATER TOO.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Kilowatt you make me laugh. I hate that stuff. It's called mag water. It is one of the big reasons I quit hunting the Bear River Divide. Last year I had two grandsons that drew 94. It was absolutely way too wet to go anywhere into 94. I took them between the freeway and the railroad tracks, between Lyman and Granger. The roads were muddy, but had a base of good gravel. And no mag water. Yes, I avoid that stuff whenever possible, also. It will drip off of your truck, onto your driveway for what seems like 6 months.

That reminds me, I owe Kilowatt a hand full of quarters from the car wash. I can't remember the town we were in though.:)

Eel

Boy, that's no lie on the mud. Can't even walk in the stuff without an extra 10 pounds on the boots and platform soles.

Eelgrass...that was the car wash up in Marbleton north of Big Piney.....damn you have a good memory. Just buy me a small bottle of Crown Royal and we can call it even...OK? j/k

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom