Help please

motcha

I am a newbie with archery, and I have a 'dumb' question? I have been dialing in my bow with field tips, 100 gr, and then just switched to broadheads, 100 gr and they are all over the place?? What can I do?? I tried setting the broadhead to match the fletchings and all that, but the group is still way off from my field points! nad they are mostly drifting left, do I need to just move my sights over, or the rest? I am shooting the 2 rpong rest, with release from my string, it just doesn't make any sense to me. Any help or sarcaism will help.

Here's a great article on this concept:

http://www.bowhuntingmag.com/tactics/broadhead_flight/

Good luck! Personally, I feel your pain. We've all been there along the way. Don't get frustrated. I shoot Muzzy's and hardly ever shoot field tips anymore. I put practice blades in and fine tune my bow with them only. Really got rid of my frustrations and they fly like a dream.

ODDNUT1
Kirt C.
Hunt Odds.com

What Kirt said. I don't use field tips anymore either. What equipment are you using? If you went with economy equipment there may be some consistancy issues there. Keep shooting and dialing in. It may take some time. This is one of the reasons that I shoot year-round. Good luck.

www.awholelottabull.com

WOW!! My eyes hurt like as bad as when they did a year ago when I was straining to grow antlers on this huge doeI seen!! But thanks for the input fellas, like I said I am just starting out and have lots to learn!! I am shooting an old Marting Phantom, with a truball release, with tru-flite arrows, 4560, and some sattelite titaniums that were given to me.

Motcha...my suggestion would be to take everything you have into an archery shop and get them to paper tune your equipment. Your whole setup may be imcompatible with each other. The techs at the archery shop should be able to help you. It may just be the case of a few dollars to get your equipment tuned the right way. You might also have them watch you shoot. If you are consistantly shooting to the left it may be the way you are gipping the bow when you release. Just some suggestions. Have fun doing it. Getting to know your equipment is half the fun of shooting a bow.

www.awholelottabull.com

I'd agree with everything said above and will have to echo AWHOLELOTTABULL... take it to a pro-shop. It could be any number of things. From a bow that's out of tune or wrong arrow spine to gripping your bow or incorect form. Broadheads will make your arrow flex diferant than field points, but with a release they should be flexing up and down not side to side. If they group to the left I would say move your sight to the left, but if they are all over the place have a pro look at it. Good luck.

I think thats what I am gonna do, and I live like 40 minutes from the Martin Factory in Wa. maybe I can bring it in and they will set me up with a lot of new stuff, I heard they do that, and for a minimal amount. Thanks fellas, ............. BTW last year I missed with an older Martin on a 340 bull, my first time out, I will have to tell you that one!! It had a flipper rest and old sights, and I shot with fingers!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom