henry mts

scoot

Curois if anybody has been down to the henry mountains lately scouting and how the unit is looking. I have not had a chance to get down there yet. I got a rifle tag for October I was just curios as to what people are seeing down there? i am going to try and go down in august hopefully depends on work and the price of gas. scott

Hey man I got a buddy thats goin down today he will be back Thursday. I will let u know what was seen.

that would be greatly appreciated. I have a trip planned on august 8-10. I just have not had the time or the money to go down there I hope i will still be able to kill a decent buck. I do appreciate all you guys with all you help thank you. scott

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-08 AT 05:49PM (MST)[p]I don't have any first hand info to pass along, but just wanted to say that you will be just fine on heading down there in August and then maybe two more trips before the season. Then hunt the place for the whole season. There are hidden spots and there are main areas. Both produce huge bucks. Killing a decent buck can be done without ever stepping foot on the unit before the opening day. Killing a stud takes time patience and a little luck (or help). You have the perfect tag which allows you to try and meet whatever expectations you have, weather those expectations are high or low. Many of us are just jealous that we don't have a reason (tag) to go down there every weekend looking. Best of luck on your hunt. Let us know how you do.

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com

Scoot,

Been down three times this year. Its looking damn good down there as always. You should have a hell of a hunt.

I have never made a trip to the Henries which I didn't get my money's worth. Just wish I had a tag to force me to go.

Smoke- Post us a photo.

www.sagebasin.com

Here you go packout. To bad there no bucks down there or i would of posted some pics...lol. 4 weeks till the arch hunt can't wait.
48826a9e0954290b.jpg

That is an incredible photo and bull. Thanks for the photo. Now show us one of those "management" bucks......

Archery hunt is the same length as the res of the archery hunts, midAug-midSept.

www.sagebasin.com

26 days.... man i wish i had tag....I like archery hunting to but i like my odds a lot better with a rifle..hope you get a big one !!!I hear the mountains are very rough.. I heard they are all up high do you think it will be easy to get up to them..? I have several points my self and am hoping to pull a tag in the future.. how many points did you have??

Smoke, I hope you realize the caliber of bull you posted a photo of. That's a "no brainer" for sure. That bull should go B&C if somebody dumps it. I am going down in November with a friends dad that drew a buffalo tag. I sure hope we run into this guy.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

It would be neat to see someone smoke the big Buff, if i could put my archery deer tag on him i'd think about it. He was still in the same spot this morning as he was 3 weeks ago.

Jim is right!!!!!!! that is one SMOKER bull!!!!! I have spent quite a bit of time down there and that is a first thing bull!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck!

Scoot,

I am headed down on the 16th for the first time. I will be scouting foer the cow hunt. I will let you know if I see anything else????

SPJ,
The pic was from last year. Have not been down this year, with the high gas prices & all.

My brother drew the sportsmans buffalo tag for the henrys. he went down two weeks ago scouting for buffalo and said the amount of big deer he saw was outrageous. Get down there man! It's a once in a lifetime opportunity.

went down there over the weekend seen lots of nice deer. a few buffalo. and got caught in a flash flood but survide the trip I only seen one non typical buck and that was kind of depressing being that is what i am looking for. But i did see some nice typical bucks that should score good. but i hope the next time i get down there i might find the deer that i would like to shoot this year down there.

I am not sure if I will make it down there again. my wife is expecting a baby on september 23. I might not get down there until about three days before the hunt starts.I seen about 10 typical bucks that would be close to 200 class if not over they were just not a non typical like i was looking for. but I might change my mind and take a typical buck when i actually see what they look like with out velevet. I am also curios to see what the competion will be like when the hunt starts.

Ill tell you what Scoot ! A 200" typical is about as rare as a 220" non-typical anywhere you hunt !

I don't know how many Big typicals you have taken in your lifetime, but there is not to many hunters that would pass on a 200" typical any where ! Even on the Henry Mts.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom