Hey Vets...

Hats off to all those who served for my freedom. Especially to my beautiful wife who served in both the army and the navy....I love you Denise, I look up to and admire you!! ;-)

Me Too!

Thanks sooooo much for your service, we all owe you a great debt we will never be able to repay.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

Yes, hats off to all Vets!

My daughters school had a nice veterans day program yesterday where they recognized the veterans that were family members of the students.

My dad and my father-in-law are both Vietnam vets. My dad (in the black hat) was a helicopter pilot, he took a round in the leg flying the helicopter, his femoral artery was hit, he is very lucky to have made it back.

100_5753.jpg

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.....The real heroes..

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Nice Post.
Thanks to all military past and present. I admire all of you!

Bucks and bulls may break my bones, but words will never hurt me!

Great post! My thanks go out to all those who have served and fought to protect our freedom at home. True American Heroes!

And especially to those who've given the ultimate sacrifice, never forgotten. RIP CW2 Josh Tillery!

www.tilleryfund.org

LBR

This funds namesake, Joshua, was a family man. His loyalty to his country came first, but his family held his heart captive. Joshua was able to deploy and complete combat missions time and time again because he knew his nation would always be there for him and his family.

"The heights by great men reached and kept, Were not attained by sudden flight,
But they, while their companions slept, Were toiling upward in the night."
? Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Joshua was highly regarded by his peers and respected by those around him. Many wanted to emulate him in both thought and action. All agreed his loyalty to country, duty to self and others, and leadership abilities were above reproach. He was a hero to many long before he became a hero to this nation.

Joshua's helicopter was shot down while conducting combat operations over Kirkuk, Iraq in January 2009. He left behind a loving wife and four young sons. His combat missions now over, he is buried at Willamette National Cemetery in Oregon.

Much of the support his family received has come from individuals and organizations having no connection to the military whatsoever. They did, however have every connection to the American spirit that makes this nation great. They are people like you. They have actively become a part of that one percent.

So, ask yourself "what can I do to give back, what can I do to become a part of that one percent?"

Your donation will be used to help veterans, service members, and their families in the local community by supporting programs which promote access to health care and counseling, rehabilitation, education, and job reintegration. These programs provide needed services at the local level that are not reimbursable by any government agency.

Allow our veterans and their families to continue to serve our country as productive citizens with yet much more to contribute to our nation's future.

Joshua M. Tillery

Joshua and others like him
have shown us that our freedom isn't free.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom