Hiker attacked by man with makeshift spear

browtine

Super Moderator
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=11200387

SANDY -- Sandy police are searching in the foothills around the Bell Canyon trail for a man who stabbed a hiker on the trail with a makeshift spear and then ran off.

Sandy police say the incident was reported about 1:30 p.m. by the victim, who said he was walking down the trail, which intersects Wasatch Boulevard at about 10200 South, when he was confronted by a man carrying a bamboo stick with a sharp metal object attached on one end.

The hiker said the man jabbed at him several times before stabbing him completely through the arm, then running off.

The attacker is described as a white man in his 20s, approximately 6 feet tall with a thin build. He had short brown hair and was wearing light colored cargo pants, a white shirt and a brown hat.

The victim was taken to the hospital with what is described as non-life threatening injuries.

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Another good reason to pack a gun in the outdoors. If he had been packing, we might be reading about the suspect needing medical attention instead of a hiking victim.

RELH

I think we have a new hunting season, anyone want to join me?

Rub some dirt on it, ya sissy!

You guys got some real crazies up there, Brian David Mitchell, Warren Jeffs, now this guy.

>You guys got some real crazies
>up there, Brian David Mitchell,
>Warren Jeffs, now this guy.
>

Man.... you got that right! Too bad we didnt live somewhere normal like Vegas...

It spear season already, The hiker must of spoiled his hunt and he got pissed.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

"It spear season already"

hahahahaha!!!!!!! First thing that came to mind was like the antelope island shed hunt... everyone keeping it a secret... now people are keeping this spear season a secret.

I agree about packing a gun in the hills... its a must for me.

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

I agree with the others about being armed when your out hiking around the hills. Personally I have .45 reasons why someone would think it was a real bad idea to jab a spear at me or mine.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-10 AT 09:23PM (MST)[p]Woodruff, I moved away from Vegas. This link will display a typical Vegas crazy.

If that black guy was doing that to my car I'd bust a cap in his ass!! Then I'd run that neighborhood, ma focker!!

Steve

I had the pleasure of processing this guy. He told me "I just had some anger that needed to be let out". A little 10-96 if you ask me. What an idiot !!!

Midnight...you have waaaaaaay to much time on your hands buddy lmao!! And they said it was a makeshift spear not a frickin shovel... :)

~Z~

NEVER_Catch... if you watched that video then you have way too much time on your hands. (LOL)

Actually, we are going to make a new mini-series. Alot of activity on the Front in the last week.

Here are the three in the last week.

1. Hiker Spear stabbed victim
2. Hiker falls 40-50 feet over falls and nearly drowns
3. Hiker dies (58yrs) while hiking Mt. Olympus (Heart Attack?)

My guess is that someone is trying to assassinate FOUNDER! IF you look at the evidence. All these location were places he has been in the last couple of hikes. Perhaps someone can't take anymore of Founders hiking video. I think they are cool, but you never know what those video are doing to others... apparently they are driving people mad! (LOL)

Conspiracy Theory!

My guess is the near drowning wasn't accidental, he was pushed.
The Mt. Olympus guy was probably sufficated from and arm-bar,then left for dead.

Anything else I am missing?

Perhaps we will play out some video scenarios as in a what a hiker on the Wasatch Front should you do when your confronted by the Founder Assassin.

In all seriousness, best wishes go out to those effected by the events.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom