hip replacement -- who has had it done?

338magblaster

Here I sit in a hospital bed at this moment, had hip replacement this morning. i am 12 hours post-op. found out a week ago that this would happen.

who has undergone this procedure and how long did you take the good drugs?

does it get worse before it gets better?

All who wander are not lost.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-13 AT 06:40AM (MST)[p]My wife had hers done the day after Christmas. Near a living hell for the first few days, then tolerance. The good drugs lasted about 4 days...but, don't let the pain creep up on you, it has to be managed early or it will be very difficult to manage once it goes too far.

Now she is getting along ok on one crutch and working her ass off in PT.

Old habits are hard to break...Don't goof off on the PT, it is really essential that you train your muscles to assist with the new hip and the new way you will be walking.

A local friend of mine had his replaced 2 years ago. Went in from the front, resulting in less muscle involement and shorter recovery time. Was driving Pickup in 4 days.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

So now it has been a couple days post op. This is tougher than anticipated. Doc says I will be able to get back on a horse. Meds are working. Gown wearing blows, Hospital bandwidth is insufficient.... ideas to stay engaged?

All who wander are not lost.

2004 HIP REPLCEMENT BEST THING I EVER HAD DONE, SUFFERED FOR 2 YEARS BEFORE HAD IT DONE. STAYED ON THE HAPPY PILLS FOR ABOUT 4 DAYS, LIKE SAID STAY AHEAD OF THE PAIN AND GO BY THE BOOK ON THE REHAB PART...RAS

My dad had it a couple years ago. Other than him almost dying of a staph infection its been the best thing for him. He says he feels 10 years younger! Stick with the PT and be patient, you'll be better off. He rides his horses, wheelers and everything plus before the operation. Good luck!

Traditional >>>------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom