Hornady Muzzleloader Bullets

PSC_bears17

Has anybody tried the Hornady Muzzleloading Bullets 50 Caliber Sabot with 45 Caliber 250 Grain Low Drag Super Shock Tip.....What were your thoughts?

Grat bullets, don't care for the sabots though.

Yep, they shoot great in my gun when I throw away the sabot and use the 250 or 300 gr SST with a trimmed MMP high pressure sabot in my Savage or a Harvester sabot in my Omega.

I just got a Lee .449" die to resize these to fit sabotless in my .45 caliber Knight Disc Elite.

I shoot the 250 and 300 Grain SST Sabot and they do a great job on Elk and Deer but the copper jacket does separate from the lead bullet sometimes. I have killed a few deer with the 250's and a good 6 point bull with the 300 grain. I will continue to shoot these even with the separation problem they do have because they have some dandy knock down power. My 2 cents...

OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potato's and gravy.

I have been working with the Hornady FPB .300 grains and the Thor .250 grains. These two bullets are conicals and shoot close to the same but the Thor's shoot tighter groups hands down. I have been very impressed with the Thors and the custom matched bullets for your barrel size. The Thors are a Barnes bullet designed as a conical. Thor is what my two buddies are shooting on their limited entry muzzy hunts this year. Using the Blackhorn 209 powder. Thanks to Frontiergander I was able to get this load and powder combination shooting great in my CVA magbolt.

I have shot some of the Hornady SST 250 grain and got good accuracy,but recently went to using the Hornady easy load sabot but shoot a Speer .452 Deep Curl 250 grain bullet. This will be my whitetail load this year.
For elk,if I was hunting them this year,it would be with the Thor.Great bullet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom