Hornady Reloading manual

Bambistew

Very Active Member
Does anyone have the new Hornady reloading manual?

I would like to know what the max load recomendation is for a .260 remington with 129 gr interlocks and Reloader 22. I think its 49.1 grs, but last night I was reloading some with 46gr. and it came out as a semi compresses load. That really didn't scare me all that bad, but I just want to double check, as I work up to max.

I shoot RL22 out of my .243 with excellent results, half in groups... I think I shoot 44 grains in my .243 with no signs of pressure, so theroretically I should be able to put more in the .260, due to the lager mouth on the case thus resulting in lower pressure, but with the heavier bullet i just am not sure...

Thanks

Ivan

Hey Ivan!! I haven't seen the new manual, but just out of curiosity I went to WWW.accuratereloading.com and for the 260Rem. they donot show any loads using RL22. RL15 and RL19 seem to be their choices. IMR4350 shows alot of versatility and is a low pressure powder. That's what I've used in my .243 for over thirty years with great results. Talk to ya later, Dude !!!

Hey Steve, thanks for the input...

About 5 years ago when I was working up a load for my 243, a gun nut whom I had bought a couple rifles from told me that he shot RL22 out of his 7-08 with great results. I was hunting a lot of varmits and was shooing v-max bullets. We couldn't find any data for the V-max since they were just out but infered data from similar weight bullets and worked up a load from there. I couldn't have been happier. I started at 40 grains and worked up to the final 44. That load will shoot 5 shots in one ragged hole out of my rifle. Its unreal. My good buddy had very good results with it as well. The same reciept and bullet he was getting 1/2-3/4 MOA. So I figure I would give it a try in the new .260.

I was looking at the manual the other day at the strore, and thought that I had written down the right info. I just wanted to make sure that I had the right info and was not stuffing way to much into the little case... It fills it to the neck with 49grs. It would be a piece of cake to reload it that was the case... Just fill em up and scrape off the exess.... My buddy has a MOA load for his 7mag that is like that, scoop and scrape... unreal.

Ivan

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom