Horns and Horses

H

hoofsandhorns

As promised here are a few shed photos I took the last weekend of May when I went riding. Hope you enjoy them.
Rod

166941.jpg

166927.jpg

166945.jpg

166907.jpg

166921.jpg

166909.jpg

166911.jpg

Rod,
Those are awesome sheds and pics as alway! That is a nice looking horse too. Shed hunting is tons easier on horseback isn't it? Did you get to keep those ones or did you have to leave them there?
Well Great sheds and pics.
Keep um coming.
Later JonesZy

Rod, looks like awsome country to ride, even if there were no horns. I usually can't get my wife to ride with me in the best antler areas because it's too rocky or too steep or too something. She would be in 7th heaven in country like that. I suppose you got grizzleys there and she'd worry about them. What is the most antlers you've tied on your saddle on one outing. A buddy of mine had nine one time, they were smaller, mostly 4's and 5's, but he still looked like a porcipine. Thanks again for sharing.

Bill

Bill
My wife is the same when it comes to the steeper country but we have a lot of pretty easy going areas as you can see and she goes with me quit a bit when I ride there both in and outside the park. Yes I always run into a few grizzlies each year and have had a couple of close calls on foot but haven't had any trouble when we're riding. Glad you enjoyed the pictures.
Rod

rod,

your pics are awesome as usual.

imo, you are the king when it comes to pics of elk sheds, and saskman (if you know who that is you'll understand why i say this) is king when it comes to pics of muley sheds!

thanks again.

Rod,

I always wanted to train a horse to find sheds...looks like you're doing it right...just kidding. Great pictures, as usual, and thanks for sharing.

Corey

Great pictures. Looks like awesome horse country. Did you ever run into Andy Russel up in your country? It sounds like you roam in the country he writes about from when he was younger.

Thanks. I used to see Andy a lot a few years ago but not to much recently. The country I roam is exactly where he writes about alright. Here is a picture of the Cabin called the Hawks Nest he lived in when he was still here, his son Charlie lives in it now. It's only a few miles south of where I live. I drive past this cabin every time I head for Waterton or the different ranches I ride and hike on. Thanks again, Rod.

169986-big.jpg

Very nice pictures
Your living the dream most of us wish we had. Thanks for the great pictures.

Hey, thanks for posting that picture of Hawks Nest. I think Andy Russel is a great writer and its cool to see that.

I passed through that country last summer but didnt get a chance to hike because our destination was yahatinda and then upper red deer river. I really want to bring the horses up there soon and pack into upper panther.

Rod,
Absolutely Amazing! Love the pics and the country. I have several of Andy's books and love them. That pic of his cabin gives a good perspective of the country he writes about.
069729.gif

Hey, what state do you find your sheds? Now of the land here in Wyoming looks like that.
Tucker Shuler

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom