Horseshoe Hill Outfitters

excavator

Has anybody hunted with these guys? I am considering a private land elk hunt for my Dad, and it is not cheap.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

The owner is not on my good list.They bought our tags in 12,did a good job of filling them.But I heard stories of poor ethics.And he stiffed me for work I did.
They did not get our tags/ranches this year,I'll never deal with them.

We went on a bear hunt with him last year in Canada as well. Horrible would be putting it nicely. Stay the hell away. Accommodations were piss poor, guides were clueless, lies, lies and more lies. One night our"guide" spent 2.5 hours driving around trying to find his own bait site. He is a crook!

I sure wish someone would develop a site to rate outfitters. I have seen my share of bad ones. Even had one file bankruptcy 1 week before our hunt, right after he got our final payment.

Never heard of them, but, sounds like you got your answer. There are some bad outfitters out there for sure.

There are a few sites out there that rate outfitters. Bowsite is one, they have some reviews. A couple of others that require a subscription are Hunting Information Systems and the Hunting Report. I haven't used them so I don't how good they are. But usually all information helps.

I have been on several guided hunts and the guys here are correct that there are a lot of bad ones out there and it's difficult to pick the good ones.

This is my first post on MM. I saw this thread and figured I need to sign up to try to prevent others from using this outfit. I too traveled to Canada to hunt bear with Horseshoe Hill Outfitters and made the mistake of taking 3 of my customers with me. Hunting/Fishing was terrible with no established bait sites and very little knowledge of the land. His guide even said he would not work for him again. Lodging was horrible too, no hot water, leaks in the roof, and I could go on and on. When I returned we called Bob and had a discussion with him. The part that got my blood boiling, and I quote him, "What do you expect for a $3500 hunt?" He did not try to right the wrongs. I wasted a lot of money on this guy and do not want others to do the same. It is now a long standing joke with me and the customers I took, at least we can laugh about it now.

Just looked on NMDGF website and I don't see them on the outfitter list as being licensed to operate in NM.

>Run like hell stay away from
>Bob. I just got back
>Friday from a bear hunt
>in Canada. PM me if
>you want details

I got a archery deer hunt booked with them in Kansas. What do you know about
them.

>Ahhh did you read all the
>posts? Seams pretty cut in
>dry based on the posts....
>

Seems pretty clear to me also. Run like hell.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom