hotels in casper ?

C

chip

I'm heading to casper october 13 for deer and antelope in unit 34/73 . I would like to find a hotel on the far west side of casper to base from. More than likely I will bring a tent so if I find some good country to hunt I'll camp near by and have the hotel for a shower and storage . Does anyone have any recomendations on a good hotel . Also who's the best processor in the area . This will be my first western adventure and want to make the best of it.
Thanks for any help , Chip

Chip there are several Hotels right off I-25 at Poplar Street. They are right on the edge of your unit and you could be hunting within 30 minutes. There are several processing places in town. Dans meat packing is easy to get to, just off of I-25 in Evansville (307-235-3157). Good luck.

with where you are hunting, the parkway or bestwestern ramkota would be the niceist the motel six would be the cheepest in the area that i would stay in, unless you want to deal with drugies all nitght at the showboat inn. the best processor in town is dans meat processing in evensville,there phone number is 2353157,

this should be a good hunt, be sure to bring chains and shovel in case of bad weather, pm me and i will give you my number in case you get into trouble

moseley

We have stayed at the Super 8 on three ocasions, good motel and close to main highway and junctions.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

One year we stayed at a hotel just as you come into town...I think it is or was called The Continental. Theres a little diner in the same parking lot. I believe there is a Loaf and Jug (?) across the street. The other years we simply asked if we could shower there and they only charged us $5 to shower.

As far as processing.....we have always used Pats up on Poison Spider Rd in Mills on the other side of the river. Although, two years ago, they're "rush" job was 2-3 days and it was an extra $100. This year we'll do our last two animals we kill ourselves so we don't have to kill 2-3 days waiting for our meat. It was a bit ridiculous. They do a good job but not if you're in a hurry to leave town.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Thanks for all the help , just didn't want to end up in a rat hole with a trick photographer ! Now if I can just manage to find something to take to the processor . I can barely sleep can't wait till october to get here .

if you do super 8 be sure to get the one by the mall in evansville. i would avoid the one in mills by highway 220. that place sucks.

Guys, just returned from Rawlins. There was story on the local news about motel availability for the hunts, and I found it to be true for me as well.

Make your reservations right now if you know your dates. They were turning people away in Rawlins.

Guess the good news is that working in the oil/gas fields right now is a good job!!

pred

Super 8 Casper/West
Place page
3838 Cy Avenue
Casper, WY 82604
(307) 266-3480
***** 1 review

We have stayed in this Motel on three ocasions and never had a bad room and was clean and confortable. Close to some good places to eat also.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom