How Bad is Winter in NE Montana

mountainman

I'm thinking of doing an archery whitetail hunt with an outfitter this year but I have heard the winter has been real bad. What's your take on how the whitetails will fare though these tough times.

It will depend on the next couple of weeks. Usually the Whitetails don't suffer the same kind of winter kill as speed goats and mule deer.

There are still lots of them in Milk River valley. I have travel from Havre to Culbertson a couple of times over the past couple of weeks and there are still lot's of whitetails around.

Nemont

I am over here in Culbertson and there are some whitetails that are suffering and some are doing just fine. There is no more winterkill than usual that is visible as of yet. Some dead critters could be under the deep snow. I have a herd of 50+ mulies that have been wintering on the same ridges all winter and they still look good. I think we may be ok as far as derr population goes this fall. What area do you plan on hunting this fall?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom