how many utah guys saw a wolf or a tracks?

M

MJRELKFREAK

im just wondering how many are here now. i heard some up on top of minners gultch last yr buddy saw 2 run acrossed the face of dry ridge this spring and heard some moore a few weeks ago in blind stream. ken

I know there is at least ONE out on the Deep Creeks, an officer asked me if i had seen it yet when i was out there last month....big black one he said.
Where there's one, there's two...........

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

I don't know that Blind Stream has seen any wolfs yet. 2 reasons, first there are a ton of coyotes everywhere on top, and second none of my trail cams proved to have any. The deer and elk numbers have drastically decreased over the last couple of years, but there are other reasons for that. More ATV access, minning, and the major wolf creek pass hwy that has brought a ton more people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are probley going back and fourth between there and rock creek. 2 that were spotted. 1 black 1 grey. coyotes bark and yipe.a wolf dont sound nothing like a yote. you hear it once you dont mix the 2 up... there were 5 spotted over by fg just after deregulation. north side uintas isnt that far to run in 6 months. what part of blind stream you hunting? west slope, log hallow, lake basin? use to bow hunt it when it was a secret. ken

Hey Joe!
All i did was relay info from a law officer out there in the Deeps, didn't say i actually saw it.

I was dumbfounded as well when he asked me if i had seen it, i'd expect to see bigfoot out there before a wolf!

Anyone ever see any in nevada, Shell Creeks maybe??
Could have wandered over from there very easily.

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

SSShhhhh.... der's no woofs in Utah.

Seriously, as soon as there are officially wolves here, you can rest assured that the greenies will use it as an excuse to shut down access to all of the places we like to hunt and enjoy.

I'll let you know in less than a month! Heading to the schells for an early bull hunt. You ever roamed over there Slam? Maybe if I find some wolves I'll run them your way if you run some of those big bulls my way. Deal?

mountainstalker-
I have only been on the Schells once, but to this date that is where i have seen the biggest bull i have ever laid eyes on.
If i had any info for you MS, you can bet i'd gladly share....unless you can hunt the Kern range as well.
Unfortunately i don't, but i will look forward to seing your successful pictures!!

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

when i went to the green this spring a bunch of the fishing guides said a pack of 5 or 6 were killed because they where destroying the sheep. i was amazed to hear that.

Haven't seen one myself, but it seems unlikely that they would stop at the welcome to utah sign. Didn't they catch one up by morgan a few years back?

they caught 2 of the callerd pack that split from yellowstone. i saw report on tv about yellowstone and a out side pack has moved in and pushed the other pack out. blaster what color is the 1 you saw? and where was he when you saw him?

Berry where abouts did you see him? I thought I may have seen one a couple of years back but wrote it off as a yote. I have also talked to a couple of people who have sworn to seeing them in the area as well.

2 years ago I was cat hunting on the deeps and come across some very large dog tracks,running parallel with some coyote tracks. These dogs tracks were considerably larger than the coyote tracks.I'm not saying there are wolves on the deep creeks,but I wouldn't be surprised

I saw one in Monte Cristo in 2002! We were spotting elk and saw this giant dog walk out. I had a 22 with me but I didn't dare shoot this "coyote" because I knew what it was. There weren't supposed to be wolves here then. Everybody told me I was nutz...of course, I've seen a few things in the woods that aren't supposed to be there.....

Mine was inbetween Coop and Trout Creek. The others were more towards Center Creek.

Well we seen one up in ##### hallow a couple weeks ago, but I cant tell you what happened after that. (No more wolf.)

glad he ran off where he cant be found... hope some body see,s the other 1 up on that side. so he runs off. when they are seen they split???? wonder where they run? big mountains.

I got a call from a very excited individual this morning!! He is muzz elk hunting in Chalk Creek and said he was looking thru his spotting scope watching a dozen cows and calves. About 200 yards behind them there were 2 wolves (1 black, 1 gray) stalking and watching them. I was on the phone with him as he was looking thru the scope at them on 60 power at less than a 1000 yards. The location is less than 15 miles to the WY border.

I made the call to the DWR for him and some chick wanted to argue with me because of course there are no wolves in Utah...anyways I hung up on her after a few minutes as we were getting nowhere!! The guy who called and told me about them this morning is my dad. If anyone else would have woke me up to tell me about wolves I probably would have listened and called BS then gone back to sleep!! I do not question my dad and have never had a reason not to believe him on anything in life. I wish I could have been there this morning to see them, not often do we ever get to see them...especially for over an hour in a spotting scope!!

Anyways just thought some of you might be interested...

~Z~

I about live in the mountains up rock creek, and dry ridge. My bro-in laws run cows up there. Ain't never seen, heard, any sign of a wolf. They gotta leave tracks in the snow and I pound that country hard in the winter lion huntin. Am not saying there's none in Utah ....just saying they gotta leave tracks unless they learned to fly ;) I hope they wait a while before they come from wyoming.

I was all over Trout Creek for the deer and didn't see as sign.. I did see a lot of does with fawns which was good. I did run in to hunter who asked if I had seen a large with a collar that was ferral, he told me it walked in on him while he was glassing a ridge. He said it was large and dark colored and had a collar on it....

Man, if I was ever on the phone with the DWR while looking at a wolf and they tried to argue with me about not being any wolves in Utah I would just say, "You're right there are NO wolves in Utah." Set the phone down, put the crosshairs on him and prove that officer absolutely correct.

Only problem is they are federally protected in Utah, hell animals have more rights than us!! I'm pretty sure my dad doesn't want to go to prison over proving that point lol. But I do agree with your thinking ;-)

~Z~

Utah, dont worry, if you read the proposal about our 20% tag increase, theres a provision for that underground dog fence, and shock collars for the wolves. So see not only are you buying the game wardens shiny new trucks, YOU are saving your states big game herds!!!!!LMAO

Hunting the pahvant and the forest service stopped in are camp and told are party they spotted a pack of wolves by the towers I say BS. With all the hunting pressure im sure somebody would have seen them especially on route to the pahvant.

GITRDUN, do you realize how many people hunt here in Area 39 and 43 right outside Boise and dont see wolves, but they are there. I hope for y'alls sake they aren't there, but they could be.. Same with lions.... You never see them, but they are there...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom