how much can you lift?

S

stinkystomper

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-10 AT 09:38AM (MST)[p]I recently based my workout weights on a max rep calculator via a trainers advice. Problem is that this whole rep calculator method is new to me and I'm not sure I believe the numbers it kicks out to be accurate. What I'm wondering is that on any given workout, squats, bench press, curls etc, what is your one and ten rep max? Would you guys mind posting that way I can collect as many data points as possible and see just how accurate this calculator is?

Here's the website for one such calculator. All you gotta do is enter in the weight you did and how many reps you did at that weight and it will tell you your 5, 10, and 15 rep max's. Thanks for the help in advance.

http://www.naturalphysiques.com/tools.php?itemid=18

Enter number of reps performed:10
Enter weight used: 440

One rep max (formula one)
weight / ( 1.0278 - ( 0.0278 * reps ))
One rep max (formula two)

weight * ( reps * 0.033 + 1 )

5-rep max

10-rep max

15-rep max

----------------------------------------------------------------

The one rep max. seems high, but the rest looks good. Hope this helps.

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

If I need to lift something heavy I just use a jack. Work smarter not harder.

Solve for X

One cold beer = 12 ounces (one rep)

12 reps

12 X 12 ounces = 144 ounces = 9 pounds

fall on floor

My wt (fully clothed) = 190

Lift sorry ass up off floor = 190 per rep

fall back down twice = 380 lbs

Two falls plus first fall (190) plus 9 pounds of beer

380+190+9 (beer) = 579 lbs

Puke once = 1 gallon (8 lbs, assuming all liquid)

However some of the puke will end up on clothes (assume half)

half of puke = 4 pounds

X = 579 lbs - 8 lbs + 4 lbs= 575 net

therefore
X = 575 lbs

I can lift a good sized Blacktail easy enough. Most muleys, i can get whole in the pickup by myself but last years Wy buck was huge bodied and i had a hard time getting it on my buds quad. Have to say, medium to good sized muley bucks are about the most i care to do. :)

Joey

two 40's from the store is the best I can do.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Stinky stinky stinky......
Why on earth are you worried about "maxing out" when your trying to build muscle and burn fat?
Max outs are for power lifters ;-)

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx290/slamdunk_04/E1x1BWINV1-2.jpg[/IMG]

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-10 AT 03:21PM (MST)[p]try dragging my ego around all day!

4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

LAST EDITED ON Jan-17-10 AT 03:25PM (MST)[p]Oh no slammy don't go there lol. I had to max out once so "YOUR" trainer could set up my "NEW" exercise routine. Don't ask, your the one that suggested I talk to him remember. And no I don't do tons of weights. I do 15 reps based off my 15 rep max or something like that. It's definitely a wierd workout but I'm gonna give it a try for 6 weeks. I was just wondering if the calculator he used was very accurate but I should have know eel would have jacked this thread from the get go. Your killin me eel. lol. but very entertaining.

I think a better question is.... How many posts will stinkystomper have when he gets mad and leaves MM this time around?

hey RACKMASTER,
i'll pack your ego but theres no way in hell i can tote your girlfriend.....................

soon the love in his heart will be the rage in his fist

Jesus is coming and boy is he pissed

4b4654d74c2d46ca.jpg

well RACK,
i'll just say i'll believe you................
i ain't trying it though..............
i'll just admit i can not lift items as heavy as your girlfriends..................

soon the love in his heart will be the rage in his fist

Jesus is coming and boy is he pissed

4b4654d74c2d46ca.jpg

Ok stinkbug, i'll cut you a little slack this time.
I figured you were back to your old game of seeing if you can out do yourself every week and eventually blow a knee or shoulder ;-)

http://i764.photobucket.com/albums/xx290/slamdunk_04/E1x1BWINV1-2.jpg[/IMG]

My old football coach used this system before it became popular. I never was a fan, and found the results lower than an actual 1 rep max. I used it for about 4 years, but would do one rep max's to find out where I was for sure.

WE SPOTTED FOR A YOUNG FRIEND OF MIND AT THE GYM....IN DECEMBER.......HE BENCHED #460 LBS.......I WAS IN AWE OF HIM.............YD.

I'm sure I could lift a little more but I have a rule that mustn't be broken...if she even comes close to outweighing me, I don't take her home!!

~Z~

I would have no problem lifting this but I can only guarantee 2-3 pumps at the most for me...

DM.jpg

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

highest bench: 360lbs present bench: 260lbs

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy Big Time

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom