How to Contact Your Legislators Made Easy

Gwagen

The Arizona State Legislature is a bicameral body with 30 members in the Senate and 60 members in the House of Representatives. Each district is served by one Senator and two House members.

It is most effective to send a personal note to your own legislators. They want your vote.
Written letters carry more weight than emails. They figure if you take the time to write and mail a letter, you really care. Any communication is better than none.

If you know who your legislators are or know your district number follow this link for the House roster

http://www.azleg.gov/MemberRoster.asp?Body=H&SortBy=2

and this link for the Senate roster

http://www.azleg.gov/MemberRoster.asp?Body=S&SortBy=2

These rosters are sorted by district number and have email addresses as well as phone numbers. Once on the roster page, you can resort the lists by clicking on the column head.

If you do not know your legislative district follow this link and fill in your address in the boxes in the lower left corner.

http://2001.azredistricting.org/

In the upper left will be your legislative district (you do not want the congressional district). Go back to the links above with that district number to find your 2 representatives and your senator.

If you want to send an email to all House members, you can copy and paste this list into the ?to? field in your email program but remember how you feel about SPAM. We don't want to be counterproductive.

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

For all Senators use this list,

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

everyone, we must push this really hard this week....make your calls, letters and emails in opposition to hb2072......your kids and grandkids will thank you............... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

I do think it helps especially if you can tell them what SFW has done in your state. They claim this state is no way connected to SFW but we all know that is a wink wink deal.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-12 AT 12:32PM (MST)[p]>So if we are nonresidents, do
>you think it would help
>for us to write?
>If so, who should we
>write to?

I think it would help, especially if you make the point that you apply for permits in AZ by way of the G&F draw process and hope it is not diluted by some special interest group. I'd write to the House Speaker Andy Tobin ([email protected]) and the Senate President Steve Pierce ([email protected]). Please be respectful - we need them on our side!

Thanks,
Bruce

call, email, write.....non-res or resident. This is about "privatizing a public resource" it didnt start in AZ and wont end here......we must stop it now................. Thanks, Allen Taylor......

I swallowed hard and contacted a few DEMOCRATS! They thanked me for the heads up on this bill so I say contact both sides and make sure they understand the bill. I asked each to google HB2072 and see if the posts on all the websites indicated overwhelming support for AZSFW.

Zim, I think any voice in opposition to this is worthwile. Thanks for taking the time. Glen: good job........... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

TTT

Memeber RMEF, UBNM, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-12 AT 11:35PM (MST)[p]Please keep your letters and e-mails flowing. I actually got at least one senator to respond with something other than an automated reply. Should have restrained myself while writing but sorry I just get mad when I start at it. Here's my letter w/reply:

Senator,

If you believe it's a good idea to sell all the public parks in Phoenix to private developers in the interest of economic benefit, you will also like HB2072: The privatization of a public resource managed wonderfully by AZG&F to be the envy of sportsmen across the United States.

Don Peay and his Sportsmen for Wildlife is the most politically corrupt wildlife organization in the United States. They have a long history of bribing politicians and appointing cronnies on game & fish boards. They could not buy their way onto the ethical Arizona G&G Commission so they had no choice but to go around them, buy Jerry Weiers, and try to introduce this bill as an "emergency" measure. After the outcry of Arizona sportsmen, they were forced to rethink their strategy. AZSFW lied when they were formed, claiming they would never bring auction tags to Arizona. Sportsmen have paid their due, and waited their time for premium big game tags, many of us as long as 20 years. Now AZSFW wants to cut in line, sell a public resource, with no accountability for funds generated.

Hunting in the United States was built on Teddy Roosevelt's North American Model for Wildlife Conservation. If you don't know about it, please study it here at a website formed by AZG&F Commissioner Norm Freeman. http://www.azgfc.org/readme.htm

It is an outrage HB2072 was ever written, and could even be seriously considered. Attempted theft of a public resource. So the next time you take your child to a public park, think about that.

The sportsmen of Arizona and the United States will never forget your vote on HB2072. Never. Not in one year. Not in two years. Never. It will be your legacy.

Dear Ken,

Thank you for your analogy of HB2072. I will copy your email into my notes and vote no.

Senator Linda Gray
1700 W Washington
Phoenix, AZ 85007
602-926-3376

Memeber RMEF, UBNM, UWC & the SFW Hate Club

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom