HOWA Rifles anybody own one !!!!

hogg_65

I am thinking of buying a Howa 223 off of a guy i work with, i am asking for some input on the brand of rifle. Good or Bad ? I would appreciate any info your willing to share thank you.i dont think i can beat the price for the gun, a good buy is a good buy.

I had a Howa 30.06 for a year. It shot well. Accurate, light, smooth bolt action.
It is one basic son of a gun, but seemed fine.

Howa is a brach of weatherby. The only real differance between the Howa and weatherby is cosmedics(spelling?) The Howa brand dosn't have the tooling on the stock or bolt but they are great guns. I bought a howa 22-250 for a cyote gun about four years ago and I just love it. It's not fancy so I don't mind if it gets a scrach or a ding and it just shoots great. I am also looking at buying another howa but in .223 as well. I would say buy it ,as long as the owner has taken care of it. Hope this helps.

I have two friends that own Howa's and neither one of them will part with them. The one owns a .270 that shoots 5/8" groups all day long with federal premium amd the second one is a .22/250 and that is a great shooting gun as well. This guy can consistantly shoot sub 1/2" 5 shot groups with his. Both of these guns are older and I'd have to say they are a great no frills weapon.

More Howa Information:

Howa is a Japanese machine company. They make lots of different products. They currently create guns for several gun companies. One of which is Weatherby. The Weatherby Vanguard is pretty much the same gun as a Howa 1500. Howa makes it.
Howa makes a lot of other guns, some very high end.
The Howa 1500 is the only Howa gun I have seen in the US. That is the gun I owned.
It was a good gun, shot well. If you can get the Vanguard for less, you may want to go that way. It really is pretty much the same gun.

I am sure others know lots more about it than this.
Hope that helps.

I had a howa stainless 300 wsm with the nutmeg thumbhole stock,everybody loved the looks of that gun but it was heavy and thats why i got rid of it.From what i understand a weatherby vanguard and the howa are the same guns just have a different name. I would definetly get one again if i didnt have to carry it around my neck or shoulders all day.

Picked one up for my wife in a a package deal downtown for under $300. I personally think it was one of the best deals around.The scope isn't highend by any means but this thing is a dinger. Two mulies, my wyo antelope, and many jacks have fell to this weapon.I'm trying to take it over as mine, but the wifey isn't giving it up.It's a stainless synthetic in 25-06. Missed some coyotes with it, but that was my problem, not the rifles!I would also like one in a 223 for plinking, jacks, and coyotes.

Take the stock off a Wby Vanguard and on the bottom it says made by Howa Corp., Japan. Howa makes good rifles. For resale value I would consider paying a little more for the Wby just because it is a name people recognize, but if you are just going to keep it I think they Howa is a great value for the money. I have a .22-250 stainless heavy barrel in a pepper lam varmint stock. It is a tack driver, in fact it shoots so well that my Dad borrowed it a while back and it seems to have disapeared.

Dax

Thanxs for all of your info and experiences with the Howa rifles it is good to have a group of hunters (friends that don't know each other) give each other good advice. I already bought it last night. the guy owned it for a year and is going through A bad marital situation. He practically gave it to me. I have to wait to shoot it. I HATE WORKING WEEKENDS.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom