HS Precision stocks

Apexmtnman

Anybody put one on a Rem 700 CDL. They're supposed to be a drop in, but I wonder if you need to skim bed or bed the recoil lug and first few inches of barrel.

It's not totally necesary because of their bedding block system but to get the utmost in accuracy from them skim bedding can't hurt since it just makes the fit better with your action.

The fit can be just as good or bad as any other drop in stock. The block does nothing to guarantee better bedding, skim bed it as stated above.

I have a couple of these stocks, one on a .270win and one on a 7mm RUM. If I remember correctly the instructions with them said DO NOT BED. I just dropped the barreled action in and torqued the action screws to 65 in/lbs like the the instructions said and they shot good. I know they were am improvement over the factory stocks.

I have a few of both. You may or may not need to bed them, I think both companies will tell you to see how they shoot before bedding.

I like them both for different reasons, and don't think you could go wrong with either. See if you can fondle them side by side and pick the one that feels the best.

I've never seen a Remington that wouldn't drop right in either if it's the right stock for the action and barrel contour.

Check out www.stockystocks.com for some good info.

Thanks again guys, I went to Stocky's and they don't have any HS Precisions in stock for the Rem 700 so I ordered one from Cabelas, supposed to be here in a few days.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom