Hunres Safety Class, Chester

sageadvice

Long Time Member
Someone was interested in taking or having their children take the Hunters Safety Class in Chester. The first Class will Start and run...

May
2nd
3rd
9th
10th

6-9 pm, Memorial Hall, Chester Ca.

Those under 18 will need a parent's signature.

See you there!

Joey

My two youngest, 10 and 11, are taking their class May 2, 3 4th here in Santa Maria. How many in an average class up your way, Joey? We get about 15-20.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

I don't know wiz, this will be my first class!

Actually i've had to take HS twice, originally in Livermore in 1964 and again back in Colo in '92.

I'm very much looking forward to it.

Joey

I took the class with my daughter three years ago since it had been 25 years since I had taken it. I figured better update and get an new HS card. Plus, I had to go with her anyway. :) Good luck!

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

I will be teaching a class on May 6th & 7th here in Mammoth. 15 students is my max. so I already have a waiting list. Most parents are trying to get their kids through the course before the draw for points.

Thanks YORT40! I think this is as good a place as any to announce when these classes will be held. If any other instructor out there would care to post up his/their classes dates, Please feel free to do so.

There is a good bit of a process these days to becoming a full fledged Hunters Safety Instructor. Though i have the North State's Co-coordinator's, DFG officer P. Blake, authority to participate in this years classes, i'm not quite yet a full fledged "Instructor". Still though, our local Head Instructor has asked me now for a couple years if i'd like to help out and become a Instructor. I'm delighted to do so.

Some Instructor i'm going to be... I can't even spell ""Hunters correct in the title!! :) Sorry 'bout that!

Joey

I think there is a class the first week of June in Del Norte County that my daughter (11)will attend.

Sage it is commendable to help educate our future hunters, Thanks.

Bill

Look out Forkie, FTW is watching us!

Here is something new I think.
http://www.huntercourse.com/usa/california/?gclid=CJrXuK_QxKgCFQsGbAodyW7gpw

I took my first Hunter Safety course back in June 1954 when they came out for the first time then. Calif. and Penn. were the first two states to start giving the classes if memory serves me right.

Over the years I lost my original one so in 1986 when I took two nephews to the classes up in Ukiah, Ca I took it again just to have the card.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I finally got to teach my 1st class. 11 hours of speaking was a challage, but all students passed. So I guess I did alright.

Troy

Yort, Congrats on Your first class, Well Done!!

We finished up ours last night, 8 students from 10 to 45 years old, 12 hours total. I was more of an observer than anything, did help out here and there and very much enjoyed the whole experience. There's not much time for war stories, my strong suit :), lots and lots of material to cover. By the next class, i hope to be a fully certified Instructor and will teach a portion, couple chapters, of the class along with the other three instructors. A good thing!

Joey

That's cool, Joey. If you've got the time to spend educating these new hunters, that is great. My last two kids passed their course this past week. Two nights of 4 1/2 hours was a bit brutal. The third evening is gun handling safety and 5 shots at clay pigeons. I'm glad I will not have to take anymore of my kids through the class as it is hard for young kids to stay focussed so long....and until 10:30 on a school night.

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom