hunting Alberta

carterj16

I am doing a waterfowl hunt with 2 friends close to Raymond. I'm also interested in looking into the big game while I am there. I have some relatives that live there. Do you have to go guided as a nonres, can you go with family? what are the rules
thanks for your help

Please check with the Alberta F & G authorities on your own but, as a place to start....................

Alberta had, and still may have, an alien non-resident hunter host system. It allows any Alberta resident hunter over legal age, to guide, (without a class A or B guides license) an alien non-resident hunter, once every two years. The Albertan host needs to apply, by a certain date, and get a short list of paper work filed out and approved before you can hunt but it doesn't look to be overly complicated. The Albertan host does not need any special guiding license or proven guiding experience, just needs to get the paper work put in order by the yearly deadline dates.

However, one word of caution, not all big game is available under this program, it is species and unit specific. For instance, hunting a moose in any but the most remote units are not available for the hosted hunter program, etc., etc.

By the way my mother was born and raised in Raymond, good folks thereabouts.

DC

That is very good information DC. Thanks.

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Bowtech Destroyer
Winchester Apex .50 Cal

If I understand and remember correctly, you can only hunt with a hunter host in areas and for species for which the licenses are unlimited. For example, all rifle mule deer licenses are by drawing, so you can't hunt rifle mule deer with a hunter host. You can archery hunt mule deer, but no rifle hunts.

Best advice was already give; be sure to check with the Alberta authorities.

Happy New Year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom