Hunting rifle found in New Mexico

Bruinbrewin

If you lost a rifle this last week in New Mexico please contact me with the specific information and I will get you re-united .
THX
DAN

is it a browning stainless stalker with a leupold vari x 3 2.5x8 spray paint camo'd ???

? great post/pic, thanks for sharing

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

I don't get it.

I have lost my car...several times, by being to drunk to find it. I lost a wife to the mailman. I lost control of myself and had a premature ....whatever when I was 16. I lost my wallet at Disneyland. I lost every baseball bet I ever made for the last 20 years 'cuz I bet on the Orioles. I have even lost my Levis' in a cemetary one night......in 62 years of life, I have lost a lot of stuff.

But never, ever, no day, no way, have I EVER lost my rifle.

How do that happen?

I think you are a good guy for attempting to return it, but I would laugh my azz off when the guy comes to get it.

I'm so glad you found it! I lost my rifle in NM last week. It's a Rem 300 ultra, right?

Please pm me so I can give you my address to send it back to me.

Thanks, my wife was going to kill me. I haven't even told her I lost it yet! Yikes!

Thanks again

Maybe it wasn't lost!

I was about 8 or 9 years old while i watched my dad keep missing a standing buck that couldn't have been more that 75 yds away. After reloading one at a time, he had already gone thru what was in the magazine, he'd steady for the shot, squeeze the shot, and miss again. For some unknown reason, i thought the whole thing was kinda funny until Dad gave me a look that put brakes on my traitorous attitude. Dumbest buck in the world just stood there on the other side of that little draw until Dad was out of shells. Dad then swapped the stock for the barrel and heaved that gun, end over end, down into the Canyon.

I'd ask him exactly what his gun, at that time, was but he's passed on. If that's the gun you found, you keep it. :)

Joey

I am with Nickman on this one. I have lost everything imaginable while hunting. Outside of hunting I have literally lost the shirt off my back...twice. You name it I have probably lost it...but I can not imagine how its possible to lose your rifle.

This is a surprisingly common occurrence. If it possible to lose your rifle eventually I will. Someone that has lost their rifle...please explain the circumstance so others can avoid it.

Good for you trying to return to the proper owner.

Three of us went backpacking in the Marble Mountain Wilderness many years ago. The first night we camped at Haypress Meadows. There was an old cabin there, but we didn't sleep in it because it was infested with rats. I went in with a flashlight and saw a rifle hanging on the wall above the door. It was one of those .22 Browning semi-autos (I can't remember the model).

I carried that rifle at least 25 miles over the next ten days. It didn't even have a sling, so was a real pain most of the time.

When we got home, my concience got the better of me so I decided to place an add in the paper. Sure enough a guy called and identified the rifle. He forgot he hung it up and assumed to fell out of a scabbard on the trail. (they had horses) He came over to get it and offered me a $5 reward. Hell, the add cost me more than that.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if he just made a lucky guess like D13er was trying? LOL!

Eel

I've lost 2 rifles out of my scabbard on my horse. I luckily found them both, but if someone had been coming up the trail behind me, they would've got a nice rifle!

This last rifle I lost was my favorite! LOL!

maybe an armalite ar-15 with a bushnel elit scope. magpul black butt and green curtains on front. 223. ?????? was stolen christmas day. never hurts to ask right???

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom