Hunting Show Question

MrKrabs

First off please don't turn this into another "The Expo is rigged" thread.

My wife and I have talked about going to one of the big hunting shows like the SCI convention, Elk camp, or the WH&C Expo/Full Curl Social. The number of hunts that are raffled at the Expo and Full Curl Social is tempting, but my wife doesn't hunt so she may get bored. If you could go to only one of the three which would you pick and why? Keep in mind my wife wants to do things other than stay at the show the whole time.

Thanks

Ben

SCI in Reno. More to do there outside of the show even if you don't gamble. On the negative side the show is more expensive to attend but lots of fun for a day or maybe two.

Overall the Expo is good and the tags are worth the trip, especially for non-residents IMO. There are always the NR only tags and this year Full Curl gave 3 sheep tags to only NR's with even bigger things planned next year it appears.

Have you been to SLC? Plenty of skiing, sight seeing and some shopping options for her. It is nothing like Reno, but they are two totally different towns and atmospheres too.

If you've never been to SCI it will blow you away the first time and it's a great place to go to look at 6 figure rifles. It costs quite a bit more than the other expos. They have some great seminars there. You'll rub shoulders with some really well known people as well. I ran into Gen. Schwarzkopf there once and a lot of others.

They are all good shows with a lot of fun. The NRA convention is pretty cool also. Dallas Safari is like a mini SCI. I like any of the hunting shows much better than the ISE type hunting/fishing/rv shows. For sheer size though the Harrisburg Pa. show is the largest with nearly a million people going through that show in 9 days.

I actually live close enough to the PA show to drive up there for the weekend and have quite a few friends that do. We're heading to the Dixie Deer Classic next weekend in Raleigh, NC, but that is almost purely a whitetail show.

I have a friend that has gone to the SCI show a few times and gotten some great deals on hunts. I think he bought an Argentina hunt this year for example. That's not the only reason to go, but it would be nice to get a hunt out of it.

I love elk. so it is the RMEF Elk Camp for me. and as far as things to do in Reno you have skiing, gambling ect.. but every night there is a dinner and a concert. Lunch with an auction every afternoon, and seminars during the day. The Expo in SLC is a lot of the same stuff, in a different atmosphere. With the option to apply for the tags.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom