I miss...

stevie

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-11 AT 07:45PM (MST)[p]I miss the days before you had to draw for deer. You could plan on hunting the same place every year with the same bunch of guys, often times more than the four allowed per application, and not worry about anything else. You just pulled into the nearest Walmart the day before season, bought your license, met up with your buddies at the same old campsite and cracked open a beer.

The funny thing is that for our hunting area during those "good ole days," the deer numbers were better by far.

I understand why it had to change, but I sure long for that era and I have incredibly deep and strong memories of it.

I too remember those days. And I do believe your right, seems like we always found alot more deer than we do any more these days.

And I miss the days when poaching fines were much cheaper than they are today. I've been completely priced out of hunting in the past few years. Gone are the days of yesteryear!

haha yeaa those were thee days ... if only id known how chitty the deer hunting would get, i wouldve taken it more seriously back then, instead of riding around in a truck all day. now i hunt my azz off

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom