I need to vent!

fishnut

okay, I know I will be preaching to the choir on this forum but I need to vent a bit about my hunt this past week. I was with my 2 oldest boys on a a muzzle loader hunt in Utah on the opening day. My second son has some very serious health problems and the last couple of years have been very tough on him physically and he has lost most of his mobility and strength and can only walk a few hundred yards now.He will most likely never get back to where he was a few years ago but he still loves to hunt and fish but can't do any of it very often. Last year he had a lung collapse while he was trying to moose hunt with me and I about lost him on the mountain.We ended up turning in our deer tags last year due to the hospital stay that followed. I ended up settling for a smallish bull so I could get back to him.
This year he was wanting to get out hunting again and We all drew muzzy tags. He was very excited to go and really wanted to have some success as he has found a young lady who wants to marry him even with his health problems. He can't work and feels that he would be contributing to his new family if he could put some meat in the freezer.
We found him a nice 3 point a couple hundred yards off the road and parked the truck and started a stalk. another vehicle (Volvo SUV) stopped in view of the deer and started to blast there horn to scare off the deer that should have been a good chance of being ours. He was very disappointed by the whole ordeal and that evening had a bad seizure due to being worked up about it. Because of his history, I had to call the trip short and take him home.
I'm still hoping to get him out one more time and see what We can come up with.
I'm sure the Volvo had leather seats but beyond that I don't know anything about the people who honked and then fled quickly from the area but Why do people need to impart their morality on those of us just trying to feed a new family?
Like I said, I just need to vent!

I had the same thing happen to me one year on a Nevada Pronghorn hunt. A group of antis shadowed me one entire day. Every time I stopped to glass a herd they would honk their horn or get out and yell. One dude even took off running out through the sagebrush to scare the antelope. When I tried to approach them, they would drive off, but would come right back.

After I killed my buck, I drove over to their camp. They were gone, but I left the "evidence of sex" on their table, as a calling card to let them know I won.

Eel

"After I killed my buck, I drove over to their camp. They were gone, but I left the "evidence of sex" on their table, as a calling card to let them know I won."

Awesome!!!

;-) Mickey Mouse Outfitters provides an experience you will never forget, because we always do it Micky Mouse style. We always guarantee shots. It might be at the ground or in the air, but it's a guarantee we are committed to.

It's too bad you couldn't have sent a bullet through their radiator! I hope your son is successful. You should contact the DWR and apply for an extension to the season and a permit to hunt from a vehicle.

If you beat the livin sh it out of them, they won't be coming back. ##### footing around just makes it a game.

I feel for you and understand your concerns.
My daughter has a seizure issue and is currently taking medication for it.
The stress on the family is hard to deal with at times and the good times are cherished more than others take for granted.

Having others ruin an otherwise special moment between you and your son makes me sick.
I pray things get better for your boy and your family.
Best,
Jerry

This is one example of what I have been talking about. We have all these people (UWC) who want to spend time energy and money fighting with other hunter and conservation organizations than putting forth an effort to make tough anti-harassment laws that protect hunters. Here in Texas we have extremely stiff penalties for any of these jack wagons that would pull a stunt like this. Hell, here they could loose their Volvo for this plus several thousand dollars in fines.

Fishnut, I wish you and your son good health and better hunting.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-30-12 AT 04:38PM (MST)[p]Thanks to everyone for the kind words. We are hunting area 17, kind of in the Current Creek area. Fortunately, his brother was able to shoot a nice 3 point and has said Bridger can have all the meat he wants for his new family. Not quite the same as shooting it himself but it does take out some of the sting. I need to be out of town for a few days with work but may get to hunt one last time with him at the end of the season.

Report them. What they did is against the law. Document as best you can...licence plate, vehicle & occupant descriptions, photos or video if possible.

http://le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE23/htm/23_20_002900.htm

23-20-29. Interference with hunting prohibited -- Action to recover damages -- Exceptions.
(1) A person is guilty of a class B misdemeanor who intentionally interferes with the right of a person licensed and legally hunting under Chapter 19, Licenses, Permits, and Tags to take wildlife by driving, harassing, or intentionally disturbing any species of wildlife for the purpose of disrupting a legal hunt, trapping, or predator control.
(2) Any directly affected person or the state may bring an action to recover civil damages resulting from a violation of Subsection (1) or a restraining order to prevent a potential violation of Subsection (1).

I hunt. I fish. I VOTE.

Get the F out of SFW

Wonder who they will vote for in November.....

I agree with drawback; turn them in. In Idaho, they would be ticketed.

They would of had a bullet go though their motor. That's messed up if he was hunting oquirrh stansbury unit I would help you guys out.. hope u guys can get him a buck.

>I had the same thing happen
>to me one year on
>a Nevada Pronghorn hunt. A
>group of antis shadowed me
>one entire day. Every time
>I stopped to glass a
>herd they would honk their
>horn or get out and
>yell. One dude even took
>off running out through the
>sagebrush to scare the antelope.
>When I tried to approach
>them, they would drive off,
>but would come right back.
>
>
>After I killed my buck, I
>drove over to their camp.
>They were gone, but I
>left the "evidence of sex"
>on their table, as a
>calling card to let them
>know I won.
>
>Eel

Eel- I can't tell you enough how much this statement makes me love you!!

Right on. Didn't know you had done that. Coolest story on MM this year!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Sorry to hear about your son. Prayers are with your family. I hope he gets a buck this season. If not, he should take pride in the fact that he is trying to do all that he can. That is all that can be asked or expected of any man - regardless of his health or situation. I hope he has a long and fruitful marriage.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

fishnut, sorry to hear about the issues with your boy. Seems like he (and you) are fighters and won't give up. Good for you for taking him too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom