i-phone or droid?

Hardway

Very Active Member
Either way I'm sticking with Verizon, there service kicks azz. This will be my first smart phone, not sure what the difference is...operating system? Download speed? Dont do any texting, mostly interested in surfing the web when away from home, maps, checking email and stuff like that. Lets hear it....

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I really like my Droid... I got a buddy with an iphone, he says his next one will be a Droid.. Motorola Droid X is a nice one..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

I know lots of people with Droids and they're all happy...so are the few I know with I-Phones. I think either is going to be overwhelming as a first smart phone...they're way smarter than we are that's for damn sure!! I like the Droid2 best because the sliding keyboard makes texting or emailing a million times fast than trying to use touch screen...my preference.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/Feleno/zFix.jpg[/IMG] ~Z~

Well I don't have Verizon, I have AT&T and I have an iPhone 3GS. I like it alot better than my first smartphone which I think is no longer offered by anyone if gauged on my problems with it. However a word of caution with the iPhone, if it starts acting crazy and you have to return it, it isn't as simple as walking to your cellphone kiosk in the mall and exchanging it, you have to mail it in, which could leave you without a phone for several days. The only way around it is to go to an Apple store to exchange it, but that wasn't a workable option for me when my iPhone crapped on me. But there are a bunch of good apps for th iPhone. I love Pandora radio (you pick what you want to listen to and it plays it), also got an app for a radio station out of Anchorage that I liked listening to of a morning, and many other apps. If you can think of it, Ape has an app for it. I am an assistant den leader of my sons cub scout den, you guessed it there is an app for progress tracking for every boys rank badges, belt loops, etc. in the den or pack for that matter if I was a packmaster. I have heard good things about the Droid phones, but for now I will stick with the iPhone. Best of luck with your choice.
WVBOWAK

I have had a Blackberry, IPhone 3 and currently, an IPhone 4. My wife still has her IPhone 3. The IPhone 4 is much better.

I really like the camera and video technology. When I don't have a digital camera, my phone pics usually turn out really good.

I don't plan on switching brands anytime soon.

I just got a new droid and love it. I went to the phone store with the intentions of getting an I-phone (which would have cost significantly more than I paid) and the clerk convinced me to go with the droid after showing me several options in demos. In all the phone cost me fifty bucks to upgrade and I am very pleased with it. Pretty good the camera on it has twice the megapixel of my two year old digital camera.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Check out the G'zOne Commando phone.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/...etail&selectedPhoneId=5634&deviceCategoryId=1

I just upgraded to this phone a few weeks ago. my first smart phone. I had been contemplating on getting an iphone but wasn't sure if I wanted to go that route and have it get dropped or ruined by water like many of my previous phones. The day I was eligble for my upgrade I had decided that I really didn't need a smart phone and was just going to get the regular G'zOne phone (ruggedized, water proof flip phone). I found the commando online that day and went to the local store to see it. They didn't have it in yet so I had to order it. I am still figuring out everything that it can do but I am happy with it so far. best of both worlds, ruggedized android smart phone. no I am not a salesman nor do I get any commission.

On my second Droid and by far and away it is the best phone I have ever had. I know many people with the iPhone and everyone of them love it. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Another new Droid user (HTC Inspire) and love it so far. I got it for $29.99 with a contract extension to AT&T. I am coming from a Blackberry 9700 and I really like the Inspire a lot better! Now I just need to find some hunting and outdoors applications.

Funny, I was going to ask this same question......my wife had two Droids that were pretty crappy. She now has the iphone4 and likes it. I've heard the iphone5 is coming put in a few months as well as a new Droid that is supposed to beat the iPhone.....decisions, decisions!!

I have the origional droid, I like it for everything but being a phone. I am on the verizon network and have always had good luck with service but this phone drops calls like crazy. I drop 3 or 4 calls a day, and that's driving down I15 in ut and salt lake counties. They have replaced my phone twice, still drops calls. But for everything else I really like it, however I will be replacing it with a different model. I hope I can find one that makes phone calls.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Funny thing is I was going to say the same about the iPhone. Just reading on what you want to do with the phone I would definitely go with the Droid. Get one of the newer ones(Samsung Charge, Droid x2) with a dual-core processor built in and you will have screamin' fast internet on 4G.

Another reason to own a Droid. I just got off the phone with Verizon and found that my Droid will work in South Africa with no problems. E-mail, text, phone, all available for a reasonable price. iPhone will not work in South Africa.

The Shooter App is a good enough reason alone to have a Droid

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Now if they can just get the battery life to last a day or two longer. That is the only big downside to the smart phones.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

1911, If you haven't already download the "Advanced Task Killer" app..It's free and helps a lot on battery life by turning off the apps when you are done... just cause you exit the app doesn't mean it's turned off...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom