I won a Stone Sheep hunt from Eastern Chapter FNAWS!

flyingbrass

I was just notified that I won a Stone Sheep hunt in B. C. with Tuchodi River Outfitters. I've never been sheep hunting but always knew it would happen but never dreamed it would start out with a Stone. Wish me luck and my ears are open to any suggestions but I think I already got most all my gear, now I just got to hit the gym. I'm rifle hunting FWIW.
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

Saw there outfit on one of the Outdoor shows a couple of years ago. They had some awsome elk hunts and control a huge area. A true wilderness horseback hunt.
Good Luck
Rick

WOW , that is sweet . Good things happen to good people . Glad to hear to that you won some thing as cool as that . Can't wait to hear all about the hunt , and see some cool pictures . Congrats .

Congratulations! Take your physical training program seriously. Stick with it, but be careful not to make the rookie mistake of overtraining and injuring yourself. Your satisfaction, and your personal safety, will be directly tied to the level of fitness you take into the hunt.

Good luck. We'll be looking forward to photos of your ram!

HT

I first like to thank the state of Oregon for being so greedy and increasing the price to apply for California Bighorns. I took that money and bought raffle tickets on the first sheep hunt raffle I could find, it just happened to be a Stone Sheep hunt by chance.
Dream big and it can happen.
Training.........I might hire a personal trainer since that way I would have a schedule to adhere to or I could just work out with my wife since she's very dedicated. I got lots to think about that is for sure. It's a 15 day hunt and I think the longest I been out is 7 days so I'll have to allow for that. I'm usually beat in 7 days.
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

Unbelievable.

I've bought those EFNAWS tickets before.
You are one lucky bastid.
Best of luck.
Buy a good camera.
HH

Wow!! What a great way to start your sheep hunting career. You should think about doing the Hunt Adventure Challenge so we can watch your preparation and hunt. I hope you have a great hunt and I look forward to the pictures and story.

Really cool!! Lucky dawg. You better share your adventures in our Hunt Adventure Challenge forum. SOunds like a hunt of a lifetime.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Congrats, on the sheep hunt man my favorite sheep a stone enjoy the hunt and what a way to win it, I've. Donated thousands on raffles for a chance but nothin yet over the cource of 20+ years coulda gone on a few sheep hunts already but you never know when it will happen I guess congrats again an have fun, all the best. Nmbighorn

Alright dude, I feel sorry for ya! The economy is tough. Your probably on hard times, and your probably feelin pretty bad about leavin your family for a selfish dumb worthless little sheep hunt. I will help you out and allow you to be my charity case for the year. I will give you 10 grand for that dumb tag and force myself to go on some stupid wilderness adventure.

I know, I know, I'm such a great guy! I hear that all the time!

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

CONGRATS.....ON A GREAT TAG. DONT LET STINKY UNDER BID ON THAT SHEEP TRIP WITH A WEAK $10 GRAND. LETS START THE BIDING.....I WILL OFFER $15,000 IF THE TRIP IS TRANSFERABLE ......IF NOT ....HOPE YOU SHOOT A MONSTER..........(I LOVE TO SHEEP HUNT)...............YD.

I might sell my next born child to go on a hunt but I'd never sell a hunt that I won in a raffle! Especially one like this!!!!!
flyingbrass
cold dead hands
NRA Life Member

Congratulations!! If you don't want to hire a personal trainer, find the nearest Crossfit gym and join. Four to six days a week of their work outs should really help you get ready. I don't imagine there are too many mountains in Arkansas.

Congratulations, that's going to be a hunt of a lifetime for you. As others have said, get in great shape. However, remember that you don't have to be in great shape tomorrow, and can seriously set yourself back if you start too quickly. Lots of walking, some lifting, and be sure to get your boots very well broken in and waterproofed. If you can find stairs or mountains to climb up AND DOWN on, then that might be the best conditioning you can do.

Enjoy every minute of it.

Uhhhhhhhhh, sounds like the wrong guy got the tag. I'm already in top shape. I measured in at 10.5% body fat. My legs are in top lifting shape. My upper body can lift 6 stone sheep and my lower body can carry them all the way back home without the help of aircraft. Send me your friggin stone sheep tag looser. Your startin to really tick me off so now I'm only gonna offer you a grand for that tag now. If ya keep this up your just gonna have to eat that stupid tag! Don't say I didn't offer.

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

LAST EDITED ON Jun-09-10 AT 10:20PM (MST)[p]From one lucky B...... to another, congratulations!
I won a Dall hunt at the UFNAWS banquet this year and will be hunting the NWT in exactly 2 months. I am training almost every day and getting stronger by the minute. I suspect your hunt will be easier because I think you will be using horses to get you into country. Mine will all be on my back.
This will be my second sheep hunt for myself and I also hunted a desert this year with my son. Sheep hunting is addictive and after a Stone, you will definitely want to hunt more sheep! The only way most of us will hunt a Stone is if we do just what you did...win the hunt!
At any rate, it is pretty cool to be lucky once in a while, and I wish you the best!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom