Ibex Muzzleloader hunt tags?

cantgetdrawn

I was noticing that the G&F lowered the about of tags for the Ibex Muzzleloader hunt from 60 to 25. My understanding is the G&F where trying to reduce the number of Ibex in the Florida's. They now have an OTC hunt for Nannies with a cap of 125 nannies.

Does anyone know why the G&F did this?

Not too hard to figure out. They want more females removed with fewer billys shot. Get the quality back up and keep them in check.

Ok so that still does not make sense. I see what the original poster is asking. Why are they reducing muzzle loader opportunities to hunt the Floridas? Maybe they could have a hunt for the females that is muzzle loader only. Instead they are reducing the amount of tags on what could be an enjoyable hunt and about to just cut hundreds of people loose on an area that is not big enough for that many hunters. I wish Game and Fish would look on this site and see how people of this state felt.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-19-13 AT 10:55AM (MST)[p]I know people who have waited over 2 decades to get this tag. Now the G&F decided to reduce the amount of tags by over 50%. At the same time they increase OIL rifle tags slightly and have a OTC hunt on nannies. It may be for quality reasons, but not long ago the world records for muzzleloaders came off the Floridas so things cannot be that bad.

The game commission plan for the ibex is pretty close to what they put in the proclamation. The plan was, and don't quote me on this, to take 20 tags from the muzzleloader hunt and use them for the special draw on the female quota hunt next year, that's what I got from reading the agenda stuff a while back anyway. They reduced the number of youth tags too. As somebody already said, they are hoping to decimate the nannies without increasing the billy harvest too much. we'll see how it works out, most management plans seem to originate from the business end of a crack pipe...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom