Ibex

Been there twice. Getting impossible to draw from all the applicants who have no clue as to how demanding this hunt is. Get in shape, and when you think you're there, get in better shape. Most of the people who draw make it halfway up the rock, stumble back down and go home. Don't waste this tag. Prepare for it and it's an awesome hunt. You'll either be addicted for life or never apply again. There's no middle ground on this one.

Check out some archery Ibex on you tube,pretty good idea of what you are up against while you are hunting.

congratulations. That is the most difficult animal to kill with an arrow in North America. It's not even debatable.

You'll have a blast. I drew the muzzy tag a few years ago, got a nice billy. Can't imagine doing it with an arrow. Wind. Steep. And the goats are incredibly wary.

Have fun. It's an awesome place. Wish I could draw again.

Thanks guys. I have been watching the videos on YouTube for several years and that is why I put in for this after seeing them.

don't waste that tag. youtube does not do that rock justice. go there. hike it. watch the goats. humble yourself on the rock before it humbles you on the hunt.

Co-worker drew the ibex bow hunt last year. He was mighty impressed by the country and the animals (as I was 20 years ago when I drew the OIL rifle hunt). My buddy came very close to scoring on two occasions, which, with a bow, is a feat in itself. Good luck!

That's the plan. I want to spend as much time on that mountain that I can this year. It will be a blast. A very hard hunt but very much worth it.

Ya hunted it last Oct2015, one of the few to be successful, very hard hunt, but very fun, will be back. Make sure you can shoot far and accurate with the old stick and arrow

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom