Id say thats a healthy herd

I left active duty the first time in late 78 and went to work for a Federal Railroad Administration sub-contractor. We were testing a prototype electric locomotive. My job was to maintain the electronic data measuring stuff.

There were two test loops outside of Pueblo, CO. One was 14 miles and the other 21 miles. We tested potential stops along the eastern seaboard, complete with speed runs, programmed stops, etc. The test loops were probably 30 miles east of Pueblo on the plains. Lots of Antelope.

There was an electric locomotive and the instrumentation car. Maybe 2-3 times a week we would hit an antelope. I think 120 was our top speed. I rarely felt the impact but could smell the burned meat. No less than two laps later we would hit one or more coyotes. I could never figure out why the animals would get caught on the tracks with such regularity.

Last edited:
I left active duty the first time in late 78 and went to work for a Federal Railroad Administration sub-contractor. We were testing a prototype electric locomotive. My job was to maintain the electronic data measuring stuff.

There were two test loops outside of Pueblo, CO. One was 14 miles and the other 21 miles. We tested potential stops along the eastern seaboard, complete with speed runs, programmed stops, etc. The test loops were probably 30 miles east of Pueblo on the plains. Lots of Antelope.

There was an electric locomotive and the instrumentation car. Maybe 2-3 times a week we would hit an antelope. I think 120 was our top speed. I rarely felt the impact but could smell the burned meat. No less than two laps later we would hit one or more coyotes. I could never figure out why the animals would get caught on the tracks with such regularity.
I noticed a lot of dead antelope along the tracks in Modoc Co. CA too back when I spent a lot of time there. Weird.

Speaking of Manny, where’s Homer been?
Homer’s been busy…
E9F1C984-0168-45F3-BE32-5470006A3C41.jpeg

well....it was the only boat left....port engine was out for overhaul.....

the 17 year old captain said no problemo...
Hey, at least the horizon is straight. Eel needs to quit his bitchin' over minor details. In the meantime, you need to get more sun. :cool:

Where dat at?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom