ID Unit 39???

Bow6x6

Has anyone hunted Idaho's unit 39? The archery season for deer and elk is in November. It would definitely be a cold hunt but by then the migration should be well under way. Just curious if you guys know anything about this area. Thanks in advance.

Bo

Its a good hunt, don't let anyone tell you different, might not be a trophy hunt but I was averaging seeing 200+ deer a day last yr. Was holding out for a biggun, but passed several opurtunitys on the little guys.

Thanks Flea. Hard to know who to believe around here. Don't worry guys, my hunting is done for this year. A co-worker just got back from the unit on a rifle hunt and said the deer were still in the high country. He also told me he found out that the archery season was later. I just simply put two and two together and figured it could potentially be a good hunt. Just wanted to get some feedback to confirm or deny my suspicions. I'll file it away for a potetial future prospect. I'm ALWAYS interested in new country and new hunts to create more memories. After all, that's what it all comes down to in the long run.

Flea, I may PM you if your willing to share more info.

Bo

That is the area that i hunt and have taken a lot of game. You would be amazed at the amount of game you will see in that time if the weather is right. I filmed a buck in that unit that scored 266. If you watch the film lowland mulies vol 4 hes in there, unbelievable!

i went scouting a few week ago and saw nothing but i am still going to try. it been gitting cold up there. try finding a good game trail and start walking get away from roads and other hunters.i seen a nice bull a few years ago up their while deer hunting,i will be elk and deer hunting up there. well good luck to all and happy hunting

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom