Idaho Elk Sheds

IdahoSmitty

LAST EDITED ON Nov-15-10 AT 08:41PM (MST)[p]I first saw these sheds while a buddy and I were putting a stalk on a big bear. If my plan worked out my buddy would shoot the bear and on the way out I would pick up the sheds that I had found, through my spotter. Well on the way to the bear, I spotted a buck and my friend decided to shoot it. We boned it out and a great memory was made. Then, a week after the season I kept thinking about these sheds and one night I was laying in bed, I kept thinking about how cold and lonely those sheds are and how the needed me to save them and prevent them from getting bleached out to the point of cracking and getting all chalky. I decided in the morning I was going to make the 3.5 mile hike in and save them!! I could only see two horns from the previous lookout so I was suprised when I arrived and found 3 horns within 30 yards of eachother. I even found another horn another mile away but it was getting late. (maybe next year i'll go pick it up) I got them home and warmed them up in my garage. As soon as I stain them up and find a spot for them, they will stay warm in the house.
8559pb050071.jpg

9141pb050072.jpg

4371pb050074.jpg

6705pb050075.jpg

6024pb050076.jpg

7160pb050077.jpg

Nice Job, I have the same feelings, its all about saving the sheds haha. Getting excited for next year.

Nice to see someone else feels the way I do about letting those little fellows sit out there all alone in the cold, Nice to get them home and warm them up.
Great Pics

Tinehunter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom