Idaho game n fish in the news...

Here's the thing. 12 tags is the foot in the door to a complete overhaul of how tags are distributed in Idaho. Idaho sportsman have repeatedly voiced in public meetings and surveys the desire to maintain our current system of distribution. When one well connected man didn't like the system, he used backdoor deals to try to force a change and he got caught. That is the issue.

The argument that we need auction tags to raise revenue is a falsehood to cover up their greed. Now Tri has brought up the greed argument and who gets to shoot the last deer. Everyone has a portion of greed involved in this. However, there is a difference in the quantity/quality of greed that whats all tags to remain in equal distribution through random draw so that I can have a chance at the tag, and the greed that gets 2 commissioners fired and tries to establish a system that gives him an advantage. 2 additional sheep tags that's 3 total would be 3.5% of the sheep tags in Idaho. Tri has argued that greed is stopping us from giving the 1% a .0017% (12/total number of tags in Idaho) control of tags. Does giving the 1% a 3.5% share of the tags seem less fair? Anyway it doesn't matter, Idahoans want to keep things as they are.

Does 12 auction tags change my hunting life? No. Because like most Idahoans I apply for controlled hunt tags and if/when I don't draw then I happily hunt the OTC units and seasons. I have never drawn a LE tag for a buck or a bull and that doesn't bother me.

Now, if someone could explain why raising $500,000 through auction tags would be so much easier and better than raising $500,000 through a $1 increase to all current tag and license sales without just making the claim and calling people dishonest and greedy I'd be interested in the answer. And do so while keeping in mind that the sportsmen in Idaho have backed fee increases and the IDFG submitted legislation to get the fee increase and that certain key legislators refused to advance the increase unless IDFG agreed to auction tags. The same legislators who are connected to Doug Sayers current situation.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-17 AT 09:14AM (MST)[p]>Here's the thing. 12 tags
>is the foot in the
>door to a complete overhaul
>of how tags are distributed
>in Idaho. Idaho sportsman
>have repeatedly voiced in public
>meetings and surveys the desire
>to maintain our current system
>of distribution. When one
>well connected man didn't like
>the system, he used backdoor
>deals to try to force
>a change and he got
>caught. That is the
>issue.
>
>The argument that we need auction
>tags to raise revenue is
>a falsehood to cover up
>their greed. Now Tri
>has brought up the greed
>argument and who gets to
>shoot the last deer.
>Everyone has a portion of
>greed involved in this.
>However, there is a difference
>in the quantity/quality of greed
>that whats all tags to
>remain in equal distribution through
>random draw so that I
>can have a chance at
>the tag, and the greed
>that gets 2 commissioners fired
>and tries to establish a
>system that gives him an
>advantage. 2 additional sheep
>tags that's 3 total would
>be 3.5% of the sheep
>tags in Idaho. Tri
>has argued that greed is
>stopping us from giving the
>1% a .0017% (12/total number
>of tags in Idaho) control
>of tags. Does giving the
>1% a 3.5% share of
>the tags seem less fair?
> Anyway it doesn't matter,
>Idahoans want to keep things
>as they are.
>
>Does 12 auction tags change my
>hunting life? No.
>Because like most Idahoans I
>apply for controlled hunt tags
>and if/when I don't draw
>then I happily hunt the
>OTC units and seasons.
>I have never drawn a
>LE tag for a buck
>or a bull and that
>doesn't bother me.
>
>Now, if someone could explain why
>raising $500,000 through auction tags
>would be so much easier
>and better than raising $500,000
>through a $1 increase to
>all current tag and license
>sales without just making the
>claim and calling people dishonest
>and greedy I'd be interested
>in the answer. And
>do so while keeping in
>mind that the sportsmen in
>Idaho have backed fee increases
>and the IDFG submitted legislation
>to get the fee increase
>and that certain key legislators
>refused to advance the increase
>unless IDFG agreed to auction
>tags. The same legislators
>who are connected to Doug
>Sayers current situation.

+ 1 Elk slayer, this is exactly what is going on in Idaho. The F&G and sportsman are being held hostage by a small group of legislatures/ landowners whose sole purpose is to make personal gain. Like you said the majority of sportsman agree to a licence hike, as well as the commission, so now it's a Mexican standoff to see who wins!! Oh and how can some guy that lives 1500 miles away even have a clue what goes on in Idaho??

"Everyone has a portion of greed involved in this."

I don't. I don't have the money for an auction tag and I don't apply for the draw. I want healthy herds all over the west so your kids and your kid's kids can go hunt.

I already explained why 500k from 12 people is better than 500k from 170,000 people.

Right now your demand is increasing faster than the supply. That means less opportunity for hunting each year. By the time your grandkids grow up there will be little reason to let them go hunting. I want to give the game and fish departments both the funds and the incentive to maximize growth of the resource to try to offset the demand growth as much as possible.

Hey pig boy, you act as if this:

"I already explained why 500k from 12 people is better than 500k from 170,000 people."

is a fact written in stone. The only fact here is this is your opinion nothing more nothing less. Nobody here cares about your worthless TexASS sh!thole opinions.

The financial impact of the 12 tags was $200k, not $500k, per the bill. It assumed that $100k would be received from the sheep tag.

Well the sheep tag sold for 130K so there is 30k more net than they even hoped for. Yall don't understand this is about net dollars. not gross. You want to get the ear of politicians start talking net.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-25-17 AT 04:47PM (MST)[p]"I already explained why 500k from 12 people is better than 500k from 170,000 people"

This is false logic like most of your responses Tristate.

The common denominator in your math is the $500,000. And as far as I can see, it's the same either way so your 12 guys don't provide more.

I like analogies, but to frame this like a business model is BS, as these aren't businesses with the same frameworks or goals as businesses. These aren't even non-profit entities, they are government agencies entrusted with managing public resources on behalf of that public. This is exactly why, the same amount from the 170,000 is better.

I'll avoid going into all your other false arguments to keep this short, but I will say that you argue for logic not emotion, and your logic is simply false in every single case.

Really I think Teddy Roosevelt said what everyone on here is trying to get you to understand a long time ago. I'll side with him and have to pass on you.

I went to the Fish and Game commission public meeting last night, whereby, virtually every public speaker was against the auctioning of tags. 1 of the 2 that supported it was an outfitter.

I have enjoyed the timing of this argument with another thread regarding a go fund me account.

All the big talk about everyone giving five dollars for better deer but the go fund me account can't come up with $400. All talk. No action. Just more proof this is about greed.

Tristate the king of false arguments.

Because people don't flock to a Go Fund Me page does not mean they won't pay higher tag fee's as residents.

Next...

I never said they wouldn't BPK. You need to learn how to read before you analyze logic. Sit down son you might learn something.

>I never said they wouldn't BPK.
>You need to learn how
>to read before you analyze
>logic. Sit down son
>you might learn something.

Many Idahoans including myself won't touch MDF due to there ties with sfw.
If they gave a shat about feeding deer they would bust out some of that un accounted for $$$$ that they pump so hard for.
It would be good business to keep the hoes looking good. Otherwise you won't get top dollar.

Justin

In Idaho, "Emergency winter feeding is paid for by hunters through a $.75 surcharge on every deer, elk and pronghorn tag sold. This special set-aside account was established in 1984 and is only used to provide feed or provide winter forage on winter range. Annual income into the special account is approximately $200,000. Expenditures vary considerably, depending on winter conditions, ranging from a low of $100,000 during very mild winters to nearly $400,000 in more snowy winters."

We have funds. It just needs to be agreed to feed.

Tristate - you do not even know what you are fighting about. Clueless.

Oh, and at the fish and game commission meeting EVERY person that spoke agreed to an increase in the cost of licenses and tags. EVERY ONE. 150,000 deer tags x $3 = $450,000 75,000 elk tags x $3 = $225,000 100,000 licenses x $3 = $300,000. Plus fishing licenses, bear tags, antelope tags, turkey, wolf, etc.

Tristate - BTW -I never saw you there at the meeting...

Wow your game department must be rolling in cash now.

You sure sound awful proud of yourself because you finally decided your deer are worth three dollars.

That must be why you don't have enough money to donate for winter feeding. You blew it all on your three dollars tag.

Outdoordan,

Before you start beating your chest with your states feeding plan I thought I would let you know that there are single ranches here that spend more than that on supplemental feeding each year. 200k is pathetic.

>Outdoordan,
>
>Before you start beating your chest
>with your states feeding plan
>I thought I would let
>you know that there are
>single ranches here that spend
>more than that on supplemental
>feeding each year. 200k
>is pathetic.

But besides you, NOBODY wants to be like you.

>"But besides you, NOBODY wants to
>be like you."

I want good hunting for all of our kids. You're right. I don't think you're like me.

>Wow your game department must be
>rolling in cash now.
>
>You sure sound awful proud of
>yourself because you finally decided
>your deer are worth three
>dollars.
>
>That must be why you don't
>have enough money to donate
>for winter feeding. You
>blew it all on your
>three dollars tag.

Once again your false logic must get called out. You conclude that Idaho residents only think our deer are worth $3. If there was unanimous support to increase fees, then that proves that people were supportive enough of fish and games proposals to come say that. No one said they wouldn't support more. Save your bullshit crown funding arguments, no correlation to sales of licenses and tags, or desire to sell more auction tags.

You only seem capable of twisting words.

Your argument that funds obtained from those willing to buy auction tags is somehow "better" than those from the the buyers of licenses and tags is going to be a very tough one to win. Why? Because this country revolves around a representative democracy and on this subject in Idaho the majority of voices clearly are against you. Public support is not there for either LAP tags or any draw system other than random.

It's shooters like azz clown Tris who came up with the Wy wilderness hunting mandatory guide law, his guide has to hold his hand and his kids learned nothing from him but sitting under a corn feader.

Don't get so defensive slick. I am really impressed everyone in Idaho thinks deer were worth $3. Y'all are givers. Every body will be shooting mature 24 bit deer next season. Happy days are here again.

Yea because they have to feed all that high fenced in african game and all those other bullchit exotic animals you dumbass TexASSans are so proud of shooting. Notice I said shooting not hunting pigboy. Not to mention they gotta keep them corn flingers full so the fat, lazy and incompetent hunters like yourself can shoot a dog dink whity with minimal effort.

I think it's so comical when pigboy is getting his a$$ hanged to him in an argument that he squirms and has to resort to twisting words around. Yea our deer are worth $3, idiot.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-28-17 AT 07:27PM (MST)[p]Tri-
It's no wonder you are so well liked on this site! LOL. I can't believe anyone would want to continue to come make your bullshit "Texas, pay for play, put n take, farmed animal hunting" is better than western fair chase hunting for every citizen. When clearly nobody on here wants your kind of hunting. You must be a masochist.

What comes next, you going to call me a "poopy head"? Grow up and realize that you lost.

First - The $3.00 is IN ADDITION TO, not an exclusive cost on tags. They are considering anywhere between a $1-6 increase, I somewhat split the difference. We, the sportsman of Idaho at the meeting, agreed that we would be FOR an increase. However, many people WOULD LIKE TO AFFORD TO BUY THEIR KIDS TAGS. One guy explained he is just a blue collar guy from Nampa whom pays for his Wife's and 3 kid's tags along with his own. After explaining all of his expenses, on a limited income, his final punchline was "I am still for the increase", because of his families tradition of hunting, and his desire to see the F&G funded.

Second - Approximately $200,000 goes into a fund for winter feeding each year. The fund is generally not used. Last I remember, it was used 6 years ago. There is plenty of money. Just because you got some guy in Texas raising far more deer than his carrying capacity proves nothing but what a sham that system is.

Well I can tell who doesn't know what carrying capacity is.

Wow the blue collar guy told you he was for dropping an extra $15 each year for hunting. How is that monumental? He probably spent more than that just coming to the meeting, and I am supposed to stand in awe at his "giving" spirit.

$3!3 fricking dollars! That's what y'all decided y'all unanimously could give up FOR MEDIOCRITY. Not advanced wildlife management. Not for a brighter hunting future for our kids. But instead a weak attempt at only maintaining the status quo.

Trist you've never hunted Wy? Thanks for helping us manage our wildlife. PLEASE hire another guide when you come out west you might get lost. Good thing you have plenty of insulation.

>Well I can tell who doesn't
>know what carrying capacity is.
>
>
>
>Wow the blue collar guy told
>you he was for dropping
>an extra $15 each year
>for hunting. How is
>that monumental? He probably
>spent more than that just
>coming to the meeting, and
>I am supposed to stand
>in awe at his "giving"
>spirit.
>
>$3!3 fricking dollars! That's what
>y'all decided y'all unanimously could
>give up FOR MEDIOCRITY.
>Not advanced wildlife management.
>Not for a brighter hunting
>future for our kids.
>But instead a weak attempt
>at only maintaining the status
>quo.

Maybe a little education on the issues will keep you from sounding like such a jack ass. I doubt it but I'll give it a shot.

The tag prices in Idaho are not set by the F&G or the F&G Commission. Tag prices are set by the legislature. Idaho sportsmen have been attempting to get a tag and license fee increase for years. The legislature has attempted to attach unwanted riders to the fee increase bills. If you want to blame Idaho citizens for re-electing legislators who don't represent Idaho sportsmen then have at it. However most sportsmen would be happy with a larger increase in tag prices but know the legislators would not approve anything more. Insinuating Idaho hunters would not pay more than three additional dollars per tag is disingenuous.

Now to give you a little insight on wildlife feeding. IDF&G generally avoids feeding wildlife as they should. There is a balance that must be maintained between the populations sportsmen want, the populations the habitat will support and the numerous depredation complaints from landowners. Feeding only adds to this complicated balance. With that said there are times, like right now, when feeding is appropriate. Because it is appropriate it is happening in multiple locations and it is being funded by the feeding account Dan posted about. You claim there are private operations that spend more money feeding their livestock and that's fine. We are talking about wildlife and part of being wild is not being dependant on supplemental feeding.

When you say "MEDIOCRITY. Not advanced wildlife management" Here are a few facts you may not realize, Idaho currently has a tag available for every resident that wants to hunt and thousands of nonresidents as well, Idaho has opportunity. Using this system no state has more typical mule deer in the B&C top 20 and only Colorado has more in the B&C nontypical top 20 so Idaho has quality. If Idaho can manage both opportunity and quality they must be doing something right.

Gspeed,

Baring your opening sentence this was a very well thought out post. Completely void of logic but full of emotion, assumptions, and confidence. SO lets take it from the top.

Paragraph 1: "Its our legislators fault". SO YOU ADMIT THERE IS A MONEY PROBLEM! Hey I know some folks who wanted to fix that for you and yall thumbed your nose at them.

Paragraph 2: Keep that train of thought and your "opportunity" will decrease just as it has. Every single person in your state is effecting the wildlife, positively or negatively. The idea that there is "hands off" perfectly wild animals in your state is like believing in Santa Clause. Even your idea that your state can feed deer in a harsh winter and animals stay wild but if I feed deer more in the winter they suddenly become livestock isn't logical. Several jokes about a girls virginity come to mind here.

Paragraph 3: "Idaho has opportunity". THAT"S NOT WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT! That's tag distribution.

"no state has more typical mule deer in the B&C top 20 and only Colorado has more in the B&C nontypical top 20 so Idaho has quality" That's not logical. If the mule deer is wiped out of the American West and only thirty mule deer a year get killed out of your state DO YOU STILL GET TO SAY YALL HAVE THE BEST MANAGEMENT BECAUSE YOU HAVE MORE BOONERS IN THE BOOKS IN PAST YEARS????? That ain't wildlife management either.

>Gspeed,
>
>Baring your opening sentence this was
>a very well thought out
>post. Completely void
>of logic but full of
>emotion, assumptions, and confidence.
>SO lets take it from
>the top.
>
>Paragraph 1: "Its our legislators
>fault". SO YOU ADMIT
>THERE IS A MONEY PROBLEM!
> Hey I know some
>folks who wanted to fix
>that for you and yall
>thumbed your nose at them.
>
>
>Paragraph 2: Keep that train
>of thought and your "opportunity"
>will decrease just as it
>has. Every single person
>in your state is effecting
>the wildlife, positively or negatively.
> The idea that there
>is "hands off" perfectly wild
>animals in your state is
>like believing in Santa Clause.
> Even your idea that
>your state can feed deer
>in a harsh winter and
>animals stay wild but if
>I feed deer more in
>the winter they suddenly become
>livestock isn't logical. Several
>jokes about a girls virginity
>come to mind here.
>
>
>Paragraph 3: "Idaho has
>opportunity". THAT"S NOT WILDLIFE
>MANAGEMENT! That's tag distribution.
>
>
> "no state has more typical
>mule deer in the B&C
>top 20 and only Colorado
>has more in the B&C
>nontypical top 20 so Idaho
>has quality" That's not
>logical. If the mule
>deer is wiped out of
>the American West and only
>thirty mule deer a year
>get killed out of your
>state DO YOU STILL GET
>TO SAY YALL HAVE THE
>BEST MANAGEMENT BECAUSE YOU HAVE
>MORE BOONERS IN THE BOOKS
>IN PAST YEARS????? That
>ain't wildlife management either.
>
3856 ;)

Justin

We the citizens of Idaho have made our will and voice known we 3 or 4 times now ... By calling legislatures and signing petitions of opposition. We had a ballot measure in the 1930's that foresaw this very thing, that was passed ensuring that Legislature did not control the purse strings. This is the meat of the matter, They the legislature keep bringing it back each and every session. And have sought to do for many years. The will of the public is being ignored. A few of the offenders were voted out but others Like Jeff Siddoway will be a permanent fixture with that letter R behind his name. And they keep the same close circles of like minded people on committees like natural resources and just shift them here and there. He is a crony of Moyles, Bair, ect.... They cannot understand that we do not want to emulate Utah in anyway shape or form. And the general public just passed a measure that grant's the legislatures full power to over ride any of the governor's veto's. So checks and balances are out the window. They used the ballot technique and political speak where a yes means no and no means yes. So that the average citizen who did not check verbiage closely would actually think they were opposing it. And the usual suspects are behind the auction tag demands as far as "conservative" groups go. Currently fighting it again this year. RIP Lil Bro' "Huntnfever"

How come every time someone gets their way it's what "the public" wanted? But when someone doesn't get what they wanted somehow "the public" got tricked into voting for it. Could it be "the public's" wants don't always align with your wants?

Word salad, projection, never accountable, circular logic, inflated ego, always "right", character assassination, topic deflection,smear campaigns, dismissal of facts or evidence. Feelings of superiority. gaslighting. In the form of I never said that, you misread or do not understand or cannot grasp my superior thought process on the matter, denial.. manipulation, lack of empathy, pathological lying I could go on. Well boys went downlining baiting for trolls today and landed my target fish/troll. MonsterMuleys #1 ranked Narcissist/Sociopath/Psychopath flamer or better known as a cluster B personality. "Tristate" It was not at all what I hoped for, but you know sometimes when your out trophy hunting there is ground shrinkage and what not. Topgun, you got it right, starve the beast and it dies. It needs us and validation through response to survive whether positive or negative. Now to topic jump back to manny's thread and your response to me. Here is a little ego oxygen btw. Ahem...... The public wants to remove a check and balance and let the legislature have power that over ride the other two branches of governance. Based mainly over any decision that they do not like, whether it be immigration, commerce, education natural resources ect. Interesting theory that my interest does not represent the public's interest. This thing called behaviors they are like footprints, you can't just explain them away especially when a baseline is observed. It always leads to truth. Now to be clear the legislators attempt to cut out the commission that was established by ballot initiative and negate fish and game is exactly what they have fought off repeatedly through protest and public outcry. Now to allude that they would be then turn around and vote for it is comical. Funny thing as well is that the blame and projection you present as a query would be assigned to me. Got it. You have all the angles figured out. Always a shifting goalpost with your type. Any interaction is like trying to nail jello to a tree. It's you not us. But that is not the main topic now is it. It is politicians getting caught with their hand in the cookie jar. I included it to make it known that they now have another arrow in their quiver, and getting caught as Representatives in political underhandedness has no relevance. And it is not just in regards to this ongoing battle with sportsmen and fish and game vs Legislature it is the hijacking of the political process. But if any cares to look this exact same measure was introduced verbatim in 38 states in November Different codes and names but same language. But I am just trying to get my way with states i will never ever set foot in right? Is that what's going on? Just in case anyone would be curious as to why it was not just an Idaho issue. How many adopted it I do not know. To be honest it was also just adding herring oil to the bait to get a good hookset, but as mentioned it was not needed in hindsight. But you expose your tactics once again in the myriad of ways I just cited formerly in your responses to other posters and threads. You just did it minimally with me. Perhaps because you do not have enough information gathered on me through my postings to make a concerted effort and personal attack? Opp's that is another behavior.. Now before you try any of the above as is your pattern of interaction online with others and try to rejoinder with reverse projection and deflection, circular logic ect. Just know I've never responded to you on any threads before for a reason, you are a bore and guys like you are a bakers dozen in daily interactions. While my degree in Psychology/Family and Human relationships can only allow me to observe and correlate patterns and causation for the above. I can't officially diagnose per laws and regulation of state, federal reciprocity and licensing rules and ethical reasons nor do it online. I can theorize however. That's on the table eh? But alas I use this degree daily but in another profession. But a great read for anyone to examine why things are the way they are is the DSM 5 or any preceding code books when you do have to or choose to interact with the inner child masquerading as an adult. This is the first and last bone i am throwing you. I just did it to see you do your monkey dance and ##### throw once again. I was bored.. Your response will be sent appropriate filing system. Part of it as well in a smaller measure was to convey to all the truly concerned on this thread.. We are doing what we can in Idaho to defeat this process. Introduced by yet again the special interest groups that have been exposed for self interest again. Anyone can look the history up the last 5 years and further and decide for themselves just what it is that the public wants. RIP Lil Bro' "Huntnfever"

Tristate,

Once again you bring your BS false logic so here I go again to blow you up regarding your response to Gspeed:

"Hey I know some folks who wanted to fix that for you and yall thumbed your nose at them."

YES WE HAVE OVERWHELMINGLY SAID NO TO THE VERY SMALL MINORITY THAT YOU SAY WOULD LIKE TO FUND OUR BUDGET SHORTFALL, BECAUSE WE HAVE OUR OWN FIX. REMEMBER OUR TALK ABOUT HOW YOUR PLAN TO GET A FEW FOLKS TO FUND THE SAME DOLLARS AS OUR PLAN DOESN'T GET US MORE DOLLARS? FRANKLY WE(MEANING THE MAJORITY OF IDAHOANS THAT VOTE AND BUY LICENSES/TAGS) HAVE LEARNED NOT TO TRUST YOU AND WHAT YOU ARE PROPOSING.

You said: Paragraph 2: Keep that train of thought and your "opportunity" will decrease just as it has. Every single person in your state is effecting the wildlife, positively or negatively. The idea that there is "hands off" perfectly wild animals in your state is like believing in Santa Clause. Even your idea that your state can feed deer in a harsh winter and animals stay wild but if I feed deer more in the winter they suddenly become livestock isn't logical. Several jokes about a girls virginity come to mind here.

WOW, YOU OBVIOUSLY CAN?T EVEN READ. HE NEVER SAID THERE WAS ANY ABSOLUTE IN TERMS OF BEING HANDS OFF. I UNDERSTAND YOU MAY HAVE A HARD TIME GRASPING THE SCIENCE THAT PRETTY MUCH EVERY WESTERN STATE HAS USED IN DEVELOPING THEIR WINTER FEEDING POLICIES, BUT THEY ARE LISTED ON THEIR WEBSITES IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ THEM. IT?S JUST DIFFERENT HERE AS, FOR EXAMPLE, WE DON?T SIT OVER FEEDERS ALL FALL TRYING TO FILL TAGS LIKE MUCH OF THE SOUTHERN STATES DO, INCLUDING OF COURSE YOURS. "FEED PLOT MANAGEMENT" IS REALLY NOT PART OF OUR PSYCHE", AS WE'RE NOT GAME FARMING IN THE WAY YOU SEEM TO BE. THAT SAID, IF THIS WORKS FOR YOU IN TX, AL, GA, AND THAT'S WHAT YOUR "PEOPLE" WANT, THEN FINE. BUT AS ALWAYS, YOUR LOGIC THAT IF ONE TOE FITS IN THE SHOE THEN THE SHOE MUST FIT DOESN'T WORK.

"Idaho has opportunity". THAT"S NOT WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT! That's tag distribution.

IN HERE LIES YOUR BIGGEST LOGICAL HYPOCRACY OF ALL TRISTATE. SURE "OPPORTUNITY" CAN ABSOLUTELY BE THE BASIS FOR WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT. TAG DISTRIBUTION IS CLEARLY A HUGE MANAGEMENT TOOL FOR ANY STATE. IT?S NOT THE ONLY ONE, SO DON?T MAKE THAT BS LOGICAL LEAP AS YOU LIKE TO DO, STATING ANY ONE THING IS THE ONLY THING. ITS JUST IGNORANT OF FACTS TO SAY THAT TAG DISTRIBUTION IS NOT PART OF MANAGING WILDIFE. IDFG, LISTENING TO THE RESPONSES TO THE POLLS OPTS TO MANAGE MANY UNITS FOR OVERALL ACCESS, INSTEAD OF LIMITING TAGS MORE TO TRY AND ATTAIN AN OLDER AGE CLASS OF BUCKS. THIS MAY BE SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT THAT A STATE LIKE UTAH, BUT IT IS OUR PERROGATIVE AND FRANKLY IS WHAT THE PUBLIC OPINION POLLS HAS ASKED OF IDFG. I?M SURE MANY OF THE PRIVATE LANDOWNERS THAT YOU SAY ARE SO MUCH BETTER AT MANAGING WILDLIFE THAN STATE AGENCIES DO THE VERY SAME THING, ALLOW MORE HUNTERS ON THEIR PROPERTY, THAN SAY THEIR NEIGHBORS DO.

PS IF YOUR VISION IS THAT PRIVATE LANDOWNER MANAGEMENT IS THE SUPREME "MANAGEMENT" MODEL, THEN PLEASE DISCLOSE WHY YOU HAVE HUNTED ON PUBLIC LAND MANAGED IN SUCH A POOR WAY IN YOUR PAST IN WESTERN STATES. WE KNOW WHY YOU HUNT PRIVATE LAND IN TX, THERE ISN'T A VIABLE ALTERNATIVE. WOULD WE BE SURPRISED TO FIND YOU HAVE PRIMARILY HUNTED ON PUBLIC LANDS OR EVEN OR PRIVATE LANDS INHABITED BY GAME THAT SPENDS SO MUCH TIME OUT OF SEASON ON PUBLIC LANDS, WHEN HUNTING WESTERN STATES? SEEMS TO BE A BIG CONTRADICTION IF YOU DO! YOU HAVE CLEARLY ARGUED FOR CHOOSING THE MOST "LOGICAL" APPROACH, USING BUSINESS AND MANAGMENT ANALOGIES, SO WHY WOULD YOU SO INEFFICIENTLY USE YOUR PERSONAL RESOURCES(TIME/MONEY)?

ITS NOT SO MUCH HOW DISLIKABLE YOU ARE, AND CERTAINLY NOT THAT YOU REPRESENT THE OPPPOSITE OF MY PERSONAL OPINION, TO ME ITS THAT YOU ARE SO IGNORANT IN THE MANNER IN WHICH YOU ARGUE. YOU SIMPLY TWIST SMALL POINTS TO SOUND LOGICAL. "THE SKY IS BLUE, THE OCEAN IS BLUE, THEREFORE THEY MUST BE MADE OF THE SAME THING".

If opportunity is the basis of wildlife management it is impossible to continue the model. So yes I guess opportunity can be the basis if you desire dwindling numbers of game. Come to think of it that's what you have. See that's how logic works. You actually talked enough to admit you are part of a failed system of wildlife management.

If Opportunity was the basis of your model, there would be no game left. Because OPPORTUNITY is people management, NOT WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT.

Your deer are worth three dollars. You made sure of it. Now you are bitter that the rest of the world sees how little you regard your game. Deal with it.

>If opportunity is the basis of
>wildlife management it is impossible
>to continue the model.
>So yes I guess opportunity
>can be the basis if
>you desire dwindling numbers of
>game. Come to think
>of it that's what you
>have. See that's how
>logic works. You actually
>talked enough to admit you
>are part of a failed
>system of wildlife management.
>
>If Opportunity was the basis of
>your model, there would be
>no game left. Because
>OPPORTUNITY is people management, NOT
>WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT.
>
>Your deer are worth three dollars.
> You made sure of
>it. Now you are
>bitter that the rest of
>the world sees how little
>you regard your game.
>Deal with it.

Tristate,

See you are so predictable in your argument style that I called it before you responded. Remember what I said about Opportunity as a management tool: "IT?S NOT THE ONLY ONE, SO DON?T MAKE THAT BS LOGICAL LEAP AS YOU LIKE TO DO, STATING ANY ONE THING IS THE ONLY THING."

Opportunity is only there if there is game, which is the opposite of your BS logic. Maybe a thesaurus would help you to pick the right words when you are trying to make a specific point.

There are so many points that can be debated in this bigger argument. Many would have strong arguments that are different than mine that they truly care about. I completely respect those people. I often learn from them. The catch is you don't argue out of a passion to fix a wrong, you just argue to argue. Problem is you suck at it.

Maybe you are just sad that you weren't successful enough to afford the big ranches, auction tags, or to be a landowner that can take advantage of the rest. Is this just a novel way to run for the SFW board? Are you simply trying to suck up to those more successful than you hoping they'll throw you a crumb? Oh, you must be getting ready to run for office. That certainly would make sense in seeing how you simply twist words. Maybe you do have a future there, but remember you have to have enough people like you to vote for you. Good luck to you.

If you are going to be dishonest then this is pointless.

You said this.

"SURE "OPPORTUNITY" CAN ABSOLUTELY BE THE BASIS FOR WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT."

Now you want to call it a tool.

Get your mind straight and start remembering what you said. Now your last three posts look like the garbage they are.

>Gspeed,
>
>Baring your opening sentence this was
>a very well thought out
>post. Completely void
>of logic but full of
>emotion, assumptions, and confidence.
>SO lets take it from
>the top.
>
>Paragraph 1: "Its our legislators
>fault". SO YOU ADMIT
>THERE IS A MONEY PROBLEM!
> Hey I know some
>folks who wanted to fix
>that for you and yall
>thumbed your nose at them.

No one ever said there wasn't a money problem. However we also know there is a better way to solve the money problem than privatization of a public resource. The guys with big bank accounts don't agree and pay the politicians to side with them.

>Paragraph 2: Keep that train
>of thought and your "opportunity"
>will decrease just as it
>has. Every single person
>in your state is effecting
>the wildlife, positively or negatively.
> The idea that there
>is "hands off" perfectly wild
>animals in your state is
>like believing in Santa Clause.
> Even your idea that
>your state can feed deer
>in a harsh winter and
>animals stay wild but if
>I feed deer more in
>the winter they suddenly become
>livestock isn't logical. Several
>jokes about a girls virginity
>come to mind here.

If the deer you feed in the winter are animals held in private ownership they are livestock. If the deer you feed are held in the public trust and available to everyone then they are wildlife. Pretty simple.

>Paragraph 3: "Idaho has
>opportunity". THAT"S NOT WILDLIFE
>MANAGEMENT! That's tag distribution.

Actually opportunity is proof positive of good wildlife management. Without good management there would be less opportunity.

> "no state has more typical
>mule deer in the B&C
>top 20 and only Colorado
>has more in the B&C
>nontypical top 20 so Idaho
>has quality" That's not
>logical. If the mule
>deer is wiped out of
>the American West and only
>thirty mule deer a year
>get killed out of your
>state DO YOU STILL GET
>TO SAY YALL HAVE THE
>BEST MANAGEMENT BECAUSE YOU HAVE
>MORE BOONERS IN THE BOOKS
>IN PAST YEARS????? That
>ain't wildlife management either.
>

I like the all caps reply it must have gotten your dander up but isn't "YALL" missing an apostrophe?

Booners in the books in past years is another indicator of proper management. As long as the balance between trophy quality and opportunity is within the public's accepted levels it will stay that way.

And it's a 6

However we
>also know there is a
>better way to solve the
>money problem than privatization of
>a public resource.

Nothing is getting privatized. The distribution model is changing. That's all.

>If the deer you feed in
>the winter are animals held
>in private ownership they are
>livestock. If the deer you
>feed are held in the
>public trust and available to
>everyone then they are wildlife.
>Pretty simple.
>

Deer fed any time of year in Idaho or Texas are owned by the state. Livestock never enters the picture. The previous poster called Texas fed deer "livestock" to insinuate we don't hunt here. It was childish behavior.

>Actually opportunity is proof positive of
>good wildlife management. Without good
>management there would be less
>opportunity.
>

Really??? Let's say 100000 people put in for 10 deer tags. Then let's say only 1 of the 10 tags gets punched. Well technically 100,000 people had an opportunity at a deer that year. Opportunity is a b.s. word that keeps welfare recipients from demanding something better AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PROPER WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT.
>
>> "no state has more typical
>>mule deer in the B&C
>>top 20 and only Colorado
>>has more in the B&C
>>nontypical top 20 so Idaho
>>has quality" That's not
>>logical. If the mule
>>deer is wiped out of
>>the American West and only
>>thirty mule deer a year
>>get killed out of your
>>state DO YOU STILL GET
>>TO SAY YALL HAVE THE
>>BEST MANAGEMENT BECAUSE YOU HAVE
>>MORE BOONERS IN THE BOOKS
>>IN PAST YEARS????? That
>>ain't wildlife management either.
>>
As long as
>the balance between trophy quality
>and opportunity is within the
>public's accepted levels it will
>stay that way.

I believe that. As long as it takes as little money and effort as possible to satisfy the public McDonalds will keep feeding you garbage.

>>Actually opportunity is proof positive of
>>good wildlife management. Without good
>>management there would be less
>>opportunity.
>>
>
>Really??? Let's say 100000 people
>put in for 10 deer
>tags. Then let's say
>only 1 of the 10
>tags gets punched. Well
>technically 100,000 people had an
>opportunity at a deer that
>year. Opportunity is a
>b.s. word that keeps welfare
>recipients from demanding something better
>AND HAS NOTHING TO DO
>WITH PROPER WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT.

Your hypothetical example is a long way off but would indicate a problem. Back here in reality every citizen of the state of Idaho that wants a deer tag can buy one over the counter. We even sell tags to non residents to boot. Last year I hunted with 2 friends of mine from Texas. Both bought OTC deer tags, both harvested deer. To them opportunity was very important and that opportunity exists because of PROPER WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT.

There is no welfare about it. The topic of this thread is based on Idaho sportsmen wanting to pay more to protect what we have. There are plenty of us here that would happily pay double our current fee prices if it meant we would be able to pass on what we have to the next generation. Our problem exists in the deep pockets of people who feel they should be able to buy anything they want and when they find out it's not for sale they pay off a politician to change the laws in their favor.

You realize what they are buying don't you???

Think really hard and answer this question. If you answer this question accurately the light may come on for you.

Tri......
I will have to agree with you on the auction tag. Since we have gone to this method in Utah, I have seen the numbers of all wildlife in Utah, "Skyrockett" I have lived and hunted here my entire life. Since we "gave" all our tags to auction, I have noticed a deer or elk behind "almost" every bush and tree. It's working. All states should be doing this method. Nowhere else can say their management of "Public property" has produced a private island to hunt, exotic spider bull genetics, and state wide sheep tags that don't pertain to proclamation rules. We obviously have done so well as a group with all the auction tags, we should be the # 1 role model for not just the west, but the entire United States.
I personally don't understand "Why" nobody can understand your thinking of things except me.
Keep up the hard work of disagreeing with all the others, agree to disagree.

In the future, I hope all tags can be bought not drawn, and we can put high fences up to keep all peasants out and the animals in. Someday we will train the animals in the west to come to the sound of a feeder and make sure they can identify the deepest pocket, to stand in front of. After all, that pocket will be the reason the animal exists, and only that pocket.

If Idaho starts doing auction tags, I think they better hire more personnel. They will need help with picking up all the extra road killed animals they are going to get with this extra money.

>You realize what they are buying
>don't you???
>
>Think really hard and answer this
>question. If you answer
>this question accurately the light
>may come on for you.
>

If by they you mean the deep pockets then yes they are buying corrupt politicians in an effort to change laws. Don't worry my lights are always on you seem to be the one in the dark.

No. You have been talking about it in every post and like I said you don't even know what the rich Peoria you hate are buying. Think.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom