Idaho Moose 10-3

HappyHorn

My buddy and I were lucky enough to both draw Idaho 10-3 moose together. We are both avid back-country big game hunters in central Idaho, and are not afraid of a challenging hunt.

However, we know precisely nothing about this area, and even less about Shiras moose. Whenever I see Shiras it seems to be totally random.

We will be scouting for a week mid July, then we will be hunting at least 2 separate weeks.

If anybody has any information about moose general behavior, habitat, etc, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if anybody is familiar with that area, any info would be great. For example: Is glassing realistic in this country? When does the snow set in? Are there any areas that you run in to moose? etc.

Any info anybody has to get us on the right track would be awesome!

Thanks!

July I’d be looking at roads and possible areas to hunt . Moose are pretty tough to turn up in the summer. Be allot different come fall. Bulls will travel long distances looking for cows. When It comes to hunting moose be mobile and glass covering as much ground as possible.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom