Idaho Mountain Goat Hunters

N

Navaluk

I just wanted to start a running list of others who lucked out and drew Mountain Goat in Idaho, so they could report in.

The fires in unit 18 forced me to go early on my hunt. I went last week and got my Mountain goat. What a great adventure. Good luck and congratulations to my fellow Idaho Mountain Goat Hunters. We are the lucky few.

Without pics it didn't happen, so post up!

I'll be chasing mine a week from Sat.

742img_20140922_112809.jpg

Interesting metaphysical theory. If you don't prove to others that something occurred, did it in fact not occur? Is there an exception for the technically challenged?

>Interesting metaphysical theory. If you
>don't prove to others that
>something occurred, did it in
>fact not occur?
>Is there an exception for
>the technically challenged?

Lots of bullchitters online (not saying you are one). But who doesn't love a good goat story with lots of pics?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-14 AT 05:35PM (MST)[p]I'm not allowed to touch anything considered technology in my house(computer, dvr, etc), per my wife and son(tech dept).

It's pretty easy here if you see the Photo Upload Enabled line above the message box where you type, just click and start there.

If photo's aren't easy, then at least tell us the story.

It says there is supposed to be a "option to upload a file" somewhere above where I am typing right now. It doesn't say that on my IPad as I type this, and my photos are on this machine not as "files". So I guess I can't prove I went Mountain Goat hunting to the members here. I'm okay with that I guess.

Thanks DZ. I will email them if you want to see the goat but I want to post them. I found if I start a new thread I can load the picture but I can't figure out how to copy and paste the address. I will keep at it.

I want to see some goat photos too...Just put your photos on Photobucket.com then click the link below your photo and paste it on here. Couldn't be easier...so easy a caveman could do it. :)

I will wait till you get them up here. But if you change your mind I will get them up in a flash!

DZ

Thank you DZ. I failed. I just sent you an email to confirm if that's where to send them.

"The goat is the white spot in the rocks near the trees, a little right of center at the bottom of the photo about 3/4 of an inch up from the bottom of the photo.

9242goat1.jpg

2456goat2.jpg

8943goat.jpg

I guess maybe it did happen, DZ

Amazing top pic. Very large bodied Billy based on my recent scouting experience. How big did he seem once you put your hands on him, versus what you thought of him in the spotter? Did you watch him on earlier scout trips or find him the day you harvested?

I'm having doubts on wether to just focus solely on what I feel is a big bodied mature billy I have been watching, but I can't get comfortable he is big enough horn wise to commit 100%. I think my goat's big body is distorting his horns.

Now you believe me?

He is the biggest bodied Billy I have ever seen. I have hunted them in NV and MT so I have seen lots of billies. He is so much bigger than the norm that at first I wasn't sure about his horn length.

>Amazing top pic. Very large
>bodied Billy based on my
>recent scouting experience. How
>big did he seem once
>you put your hands on
>him, versus what you thought
>of him in the spotter?
> Did you watch him
>on earlier scout trips or
>find him the day you
>harvested?
>
>I'm having doubts on wether to
>just focus solely on what
>I feel is a big
>bodied mature billy I have
>been watching, but I can't
>get comfortable he is big
>enough horn wise to commit
>100%. I think my
>goat's big body is distorting
>his horns.

If you're having trouble deciding, I can send Clay with you. He'll tell you to shoot it.

Yep, thats an awesome looking billy for sure! Huge body, great horns, great hair for September. Nice pics too, thanks for sharing!

Killed him a week ago yesterday. 10.5 years old, monster body, but only 8.25", partially due to the 250 yard tumble he took down the 30% and 40% rock cliffs. Lost about 1/2" on one side and about 4.5" on the other.

6708goat_down.jpg

Made me sick at the time, but I spent so much time scouting and ended up watching this guy for 6 weeks so it made it a special hunt unlike most others. Gonna have the taxi fix things. Wish I could have set him up for better pics, but didn't want to chase him all the way to the bottom. Crawled off that mountain half way on our backsides.

Well done. Like landing a plane, any Mountain Goat hunt you can walk away from is a good one.

Way to go Bk. The taxi should do a great job on the fix. Better the Billy than you!

"GPS means every man can have a $500 reason not to
ask for directions." Red Green

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom