IDAHO REGS OUT!!

locofife

Well the title of the post pretty much explains it. The Idaho Big Game regs are now on line at the F&G website. Good luck in the draws.

Looks like they took a week off some of the zones for regular deer. Anyone know why? Hard winter or low population?

I know they got lots of snow this year. How and where do they determine the winterkill? Is there a certain area they do a population count?

The IDFG had collars on mule deer fawns in a number of areas. Some of those areas had mortality above 75%. This likely drove the season reduction.

I hope all those forkhorns I passed on made it. Seen enough of them to fill a dump truck. The one my brother shot didn't seem to be holding much fat. They probably need another year before they become shooters.

They changed the season in the Salmon/Challis region because of the drastic reduction in buck numbers. The populations dropped over 45% and were below objective levels due to the past hunting season.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-05-06 AT 08:51AM (MST)[p]Mule Deer initiative my ars. Make sure you all put in for the 9 million doe and either sex hunts. And what the heck if your unit ends early go to one that don't. YEE HAW!!!! At this rate we have a couple more years of good hunting. But then what will we do?

bigole5

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom