Im gonna cry he's busted!!

Idahoshedhead

5296deer.jpg

9182deer2.jpg

What do you guys think he would score if not busted. I have held his sheds the last two years and know the score. lets see how good you guys are..

as i stated in a previous thread i suck at pic scoring but i would guess 175gross and 160net. that's a nice lookin buck love how tall but not so wide and how close the g4 and g5 are

No offense man, but are you sure that is the same buck as those sheds?
I would have never guessed he was that narrow. I know the G2's lean hard forward right below the back fork like the sheds do, but I'm not convinced that is the same buck. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt since you saw him in person, but I wonder if that isn't a genetic relative and mayble he'll show up later not broken.
If that is him I'd say he's gone down hill. he might go 180. Looks like he's only got 15 inch inside spread.

You might be right Yoyak but I got a real good look at him and there is some key lumps and bumps on those antlers that really says its him. He still looks young so i dont think he is regressing but maybe its one of his offspring. If it is him with that 15" inside spread would still put him up above 180s.
Yoyak you ever find the match to those two big elk singles? You gonna be back up there were you found them this year?

So you are thinking that each side intact is 85+ maybe even over 90?

I was thinking that left side is around 83" and who knows what the right side would have been. But lets say it matched, with a 15" inside spread he'd be 181. My 83" estimate is based on the having seen the sheds and assuming its the same deer and just a smaller year for the buck. If I was forced to guess off the picture I might have guessed a little lower. Thats just my 2 cents.

PM sent

well i know both sides were well over that last year, one side over 90. But we will find out when i pick up those sheds this year :). I didnt see ur PM yet. Hope to see ya up in the hills this year. PS i would like to pick ur brain a little on some other country.

When did you take these pictures? I believe this deer has been killed...just the other day actually. I seen a picture of him at work.

That is a stud buck.

I'm pretty sure I have video of that buck during the winter of 2008/09. Spent days searching for his sheds and weeks trying to find him during the summer and fall with no luck.

I'm sure you don't want to give up his location (I wouldn't either) but I would really like to know if its the same buck. Would you give me a few hints on a general area/nearby towns?

If its him I would like to see the sheds also some time if possible.

I would estimate 175 or so. He's got greta height and both front and back forks but doesn't appear to have the mass for a 190 or 200 buck, IMHO.

190 with those forks. We are talking Gross. Those aren't the best photo's to judge from but got to be 190...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom