In Defense of Aryanna Gourdin and all hunters.

If some moron ever threatens my 12 year old daughter, they're likely to find out exactly how it feels to be hunted themselves.

The most despicable people in the world surface in these tree hugging pow wows against hunters. It makes you want to hit control+alt+delete on society.

Who in the HE!! is that Jeff Flocken guy. "Its 2016, we dont have to kill an animal to save it." Well, if its sick, a problem, or many other factors, what are you going to do MR. Genius? How much money has he put on the ground to help these animals, villages, and even communities and countries?

What AN IDIOT!

Good job Tony. I feel like we need to do more and say more against these idiots out there.

Tony. We are missing it on this one. Take aside the girl, or the threats. In defending this, we need to talk about aggresively WHY the USA doesn't have this issue. The North American Wildlife Model is why. You, me, and your neighbor OWNING the wildlife is why our animals are thriving. Trying to convince an anti by pointing out Denny pays $375k for a deer tag only adds to the negetivity. Most of the guys in here and in the population of hunters in general shake there heads at that. What needs to be pushed is HOW hunting, under our system, increases habitat for all animals. How is increases populations for all animals. Using the "she fed a village" argument is stupid. She didn't go there to "feed a village", she went there to kill a giraffe. I know it, you know it, the antis know it. Yes, the village got fed, but lets not pretend that was the goal. What needs to be pushed is EXACTLY what that license fee paid for. Not generalities. Its too easy for the antis to poke holes in our narrative if we say things like" killing that giraffe saved 10 others". The defense (and yeah its BS that people who do nothing and contribute nothing we feel we need to defend ourselves to) needs to be this. The reason Africa has lions as a diminishing popualtion is because they are worth more to a poacher than a hunter. The reason the rhino is vanishing is because they are worth more to a poacher than a hunter. Etc, etc, etc. Followed by the thousands of examples from wood ducks to elk of why when a hunter puts a value on a species, he then wants that species to thrive in order to create more animals to hunt in the future. The poacher has only a short term interest in killing it and will move to the next species when the price is higher. In short. INCREASING hunting, increases the population. Making those animals the property of ALL the citizens, like they are here, increases their numbers. The reason "rich Americans" killing animals in Africa is necessary is because the Africans aren't being allowed to do it themselves. We need to export less money for hunting, and more wildlife concepts, such as NAWM.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

Nick,

I will never take aside the fact that these people are threatening the life of a human, and on top of that a child that is a girl. The feeding is an absolute result of her or any of us hunting. It may very well not be the reason but it is the reality. It cannot and will not be ignored by myself. Argue the revenue spent and the good it does and it does not change their mentality.

Anti hunters will NEVER agree with hunting regardless of the way we preach it. But when lives are threatened I draw the line. Nothing else matters. Human life is much more valuable then that of an animal. If people don't like me saying that then that is their problem.

MAny of the things you said above have merit but don't be fooled into thinking the antis will switch their opinion no matter what or how you say it.

FYI. I now for the first time am receiving threats as well for sticking up for this child. That is the mentality of the people that are anti's. I like many of you have been to Africa and spent a lot of money in Africa and fed a lot of people by doing so, yet my number 1 reason for going was to hunt the animals. It is as important as any of the positive results that come from hunting. NO it was not the reason I went but it is 100% a product and result of me going.

And the USA has this issue as well. You should see my email and text messages from the antis here in the states with the same mentality. I am not naive or ignorant to how these people operate, and any life threatened is a person I will stand up for the way I see fit.

Tony Abbott
www.thebigoutdoors.com
801-885-1274

I agree you will never sway the anti. The group that we need to spend the time to educate are folks like my mom. Folks who ask "why do you have to kill that magnificent animal?" Shes not anti, she raised sons who hunt and was married to a hunter(hunted with an oxygen tank strapped to him). She isn't some city girl, her dad was a turkey farmer, she grew up in rural utah. But she doesn't buy that a 12yr old girl flew half way around the world to feed a village. Saying that makes us look stupid, like we should be ashamed that we are hunters and that we need to give it spin to make it look better. I explained to her that the elk she sees everywhere on the Manti now, that were almost non existant in her childhood are a result of hunters, and what hunters do. And killing some of the elk, were the goal, and the result. That she can put her hands around. That group, the people that don't hunt, but really don't care, or are indifferent either way, thats the group we have to spend the effort on. And we need to be honest with them. Hunting is conservation. Hunters pay for it. Hunters watch out for it. But we need to be straight. We pay for that elk herd, because we want to hunt it, not because we want to feed the local people. By hiding behind anything other that the truth, we look like we are trying to hide something. Your not, you have been vocal and public as a hunter. Thats the point of what I was saying. The antis are very vocal, but there is a huge population in the middle, and those are the folks that we need to spend the time talking to.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun"

Hoss,

Very well said. We, as hunters need to educate the people who are willing to be taught, and we need to tell them the why's and wherefore's.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom