Indians kill another big buck!

steelheader

If the tribes need the food for winter, why do they shoot the big bucks that are full in the rut? Thats not the best meat to be had. My wife works in the cardiac unit here in I.F. A guy that lives up by Panther creek brought his friend down to see the Dr's yesterday. She says he got a call from another friend telling him that the indians shot the big buck that had been living in his yard, from the road!! Don't know if said buck was on his land or public at the time. I was up fishing last week and there were bucks all over the place. seen two realy nice bucks. Any one that hunts this area, this is why there are few big bucks to be found. They also do the same crap at the sand dunes, shoot the big bulls. I just wondered what everyone thinks about this.

All I got to say is don't get me started on the Indians. I don't mind if they want to keep thier "tradition" alive, but if they do they should keep it TRADITIONAL. They didn't have rifles back in the day and they didn't have barbed weighted trebble hooks to snag fish either.

Steelheader, FIND OUT if the buck was killed on private land. It is illegal for them to hunt private land even with permission. Ron

How you going to catch them now, kind of late I would think. Get any pictures of them doing this to confirm they were on private property?

It is wrong, that is for sure. Good luck!

Brian

dont get me started, i was raised in oregon and remember in high school (12 yrs ago)on the news channel that the indains got a permit or permission to kill a whale traditionally. it was on every local channel. how it went was 12 guys in a boat with a 50 horse motor. they killed the motor, paddled 10 times and began spearing the whale. they then hooked up the whale to the boat, paddled 10 times, recranked the motor and pulled the whale to shore where a 100 indains began cutting it up.

that wasnt how the whale hunt i saw went, you forgot they used a .50 cal rifle after they harpooned the whale a couple time

Hey Steelheader,

Do you know by chance if those tribal people drove a silver toyota Tacoma w/ a campershell? I saw a tribal couple a few years ago shoot a really nice buck up there on Hotsprings, there by Panther creek. Last year I saw them again excpet w/ other 2 other groups of tribal people following them. They make me sick. I hope they get what they whats coming to them. And you right, there are very few nice bucks remaining.

I don't know what they were in. I have a long list of questions for my wife to pass on next week when they come back for a fallow up with the doc's. What chaps me is they want to live by the old rules but use the most up to date means. I grew up in Pocatello so I have been around those lazy butt's all my life, and I think that they hunt this time of year because they cant get to far away from the truck or the thunder bird!

I don't blame the indians, our Federal government is what has created the modern day indian by supporting them and letting them have what they want. The best thing they could do for them is make them live the way the rest of us do and in time they would be alot more respected.

Last year around the first of December we caught 3 indians driving the roads shooting deer out of the back of their truck on private land, the fish and game found 5 dead deer, and several other blood trails. We were going to testify but one of them folded on the other ones, but it took 2 months for the fish cop to get them. They had to get them off the reservation because the reservation cops wouldn;t help them

In my former life I worked for the Indian Health Services. My territory was mainly a certain tribe in SE Idaho. I quit after four years because I got tired of obese, lazy, sense of entitlement, demanding of free everything, across the board ignorant people. Don't get me wrong, there are a few good ones, but the majority either didn't give a squat about anything important or was intent on playing the victim to the point that they could barely muster a thank-you to a white man who just greatly improved there quality of life for FREE! This attitude was prevalent in every aspect of their lives including hunting. Go ahead and call me racist but the truth hurts. This was just my experience and I don't care one lick about skin color. There are whites/Hispanics/etc that are just as bad. The big difference is that this a high concentration in a small population. Hunting should governed by the same rules for everyone!

30-30

i was raised in southwest idaho and those guys will go into unit 45 and 52 with a big trailer and shoot monsters and cape them out and sell the heads for a couple grand a peice. i met a guy who worked with an indian that admited to to doing that in the winter and showed him pictures of a bunch of bucks in a trailer all 190 or better, and people wonder why the there aren't as many big bucks as there used to be its pretty tough to make it through the winter when you gettin chased down on snow machines.

>pretty tough to
>make it through the winter
>when you gettin chased down
>on snow machines.

Snow machines - another euopean invention that the indians wouldn't have otherwise. along with the rifle, scope, trebble hook, vehicle, etc. As a majority they are a bunch of great for nothing a-holes. I feel bad for the respectable and hard working ones as they are initially assumed like the majority.

Rumor has it there are a pile of them camped behind the sews camp "unit 52" for those who are familiar with the area there are not enough big bucks left out there to be killing them this time of year in the numbers that they do. They don't seem to care that they have destroyed a great deer heard.

This is the pink elephant in the room, you can manage all you want for quality and it gets shot in the ass with this! They do it with the elk over here to. Two indians were arrested yesterday for killing a bull on private ground.

All the indian poachers have to do is stay on the rez. The U.S. govt can't touch them, due to the sovereign nation bs. They rape the land of animals and fish. From spot lighting during whiteys seasons to gill nets in the Columbia they have succesfully slaughtered much of Oregons resources. In the units around the rezes in OR you can't find a decent buck. They have no boundaries and don't worry about enforcement. They get a kick out of firing shots all night long during whiteys deer season. They brag about spot lighting and killing big bucks and bulls in their winter range, of which they shoot from their truck..."proud hunters." Like it was said before, "don't get me started."

They are IMO the terrorists of game and fish, only they have no laws to worry about.

HK

I know of an indian here in Idaho that has poached 2 200" Bighorns. Well one is right at 200 and the other is 197". I've seen both of them in person and they are incredible. He also has a bunch of great bucks that he straight up told me he shot while spotlighting. The rams were both shot on the river banks in the dead of winter. I can't believe he gets away with this chit and has the audacity to openly tell people about his poaching.

Indians can buy 5 deer, elk, antelope and bear tags as well as 1 sheep moose and goat tag per year. Each tag only costs them one dollar and allows them to hunt from august 1st to december 31st on any public land....

In OR, they are limited to the rez lands for "hunting." Not sure why it would be different in ID? They certainly don't stick to the rez in OR, but that is what they are "suppose" to do.

HK

In Idaho if you live on the rez you can hunt any public ground...also of course you can hunt the rez. This is coming from a whiskey drinking indian sitting right next to me....

Probably true. When they get drunk the planet is their pearl. If they buy a whitey tag they can hunt our seasons too. If they hunt on the rez they can only hunt "their" seasons. With whiskey in 'em they'll hunt whenever and wherever they damn well feel like it.

HK

i am hoping the guy that works for fish and game will chime in about where they can and cannot hunt, and what the rules are that they have to abide. i think i will take his word over that whiskey drinking indian you are talking about.

either way, we all know what they do is absolutely sickening and they are a disgrace to all sportsmen. they are all full of $hit. they want to keep their heritage alive and live like their ancestors...give me a break. they want a govt. check and to be able to do nothing and get something for it. well how about this for an idea. we keep giving them their monthly checks, BUT we make it illegal for them to come off the rez. we cut all ties to the "white" man's world. no more power, fuel, utilities, etc. let them figure out how provide for themselves like their ancestors. i mean, thats what they say they want....right?

I am certainly no expert on tribal hunting rights. Most tribes have established treaties (from the 1800s) that describe hunting and fishing rights and where they can exercise those rights. Several treaties often have provisions designating rights on "open and unclaimed land" within recognized treaty areas, which includes federal land (I'm not certain, but I suspect state lands also fall under this category).

Native American tribal governments typically hold sovereign nation status. In general, state agencies do not have have access to tribal hunting regulations or harvest estimates. I'm sure there are exceptions, but that seems to be the case in much of Idaho.

Tom Keegan
IDFG Salmon Region Wildlife Manager

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom