Info on Polaris RZR

DonMartin

Very Active Member
I need to hear what you guys that own Polaris RZR's have to say about them as a hunting rig.

I am currently using a 2007 Arctic Cat that I like but I have to take the top off to get it into my 2002 Thor Transport Toyhauler. That is a pain in the ...

Anyway, someone told me that the Rzr's are great hunting rigs.

What do you all think? Good, bad, whatever, I'd like to hear it all.

Thanks

Don Martin

Depending what you have on clearance in your toyhauler the Polaris Ranger may be better for you. This is the reason why I chose the Ranger over the Artic Cat as to it (Cat) sits too high. I even put 14" wheels on my Ranger and it still fits. I like the Razor but it does not have that much storage. The other Razor advantage is that you can take it on forest trails because it is narrower and has lower center of gravity for steep climbing. The Ranger is really quiet but I think the Razor is a little noisier. I would measure your clearance then go to a place that offers you to test drive the Ranger & Razor and even the Rhino (very noisy though). I bought my Ranger at Four Seasons Motorsports in Rye, Arizona. They have an outdoor test drive area.

Thanks for the info.

My Toyhauler is one of those low profile rigs and the opening is just 6'.

I had a 2006 Ranger, loved the rig, but it wouldn't fit either so I got rid of it.

The Arctic Cat is a nice rig, but man is it noisy!

Don Martin

a RZR isn't a hunting rig,used by Persons at places like The Dunes.Very poor ground clearance and hard for physical challenged person to get in and out of ???.No room for gear or game --- Take your loud Artic cat and have the muffler changed and have the roll cage modified/lowered to fit at your "Fav" welding shop.Besides the water is warming at MEAD and "Its Fish-en Time".

I agree Don, the RZR has no ground clearance! If you do any off road at all you will be bashing in the a arms and frame. You would need to buy an expensive lift kit and bigger tires to get any acceptable clearance and you would be right back where you are at. I bought my trailer specifically to fit a Ranger and I'm much happier for having done that. If you are not ready to replace your existing trailer i would suggest to buy a new or used Ranger and going to a fab shop and have them make you a removable roll cage for it . If you are handy with a sawsall you could cut the roll cage off yourself and place a splice tube in the cut and pin it on both sides of the splice. I have seen people do that to get by, they can remove the cage in like 2 minutes.The Ranger does not go as fast to the places you want to go but they get you there and back without breaking and can haul whatever you want to take.
BB

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom