Interarms Stock ???

N

NMHUNTNUTT1

I recently aquired an Interarms Mark X in 30.06 , and its in pretty good shape . I took it out and shot it , it came with a 3x9 weaver , can't remember the scope model , but it was with the gun , so anyhow , we went to shoot it and WOW !! This gun is great , it was diled right on at 100 yards and hardly ANY recoil , ALOT less than my .270 . I can tell the gun is aged , the blueing is in real nice condition , but the stock is flaking in spots , so I figured I'd try and find a new one , but haven't had any luck finding one made for this model rifle . My plans are to re-stock it and put a new scope on it , the gun shoots real well and the rifleing is also in great shape . I hope one of you guys could help direct me in the right direction ....Thanks ...NMHUNTNUTT

Brownells carries several brands of sny. and wood stocks that will fit the Interarms Mark X Mauser rifle. You can order on line.

RELH

RELH , Thanks for the quick response , by chance do you have their web address , I'd like to get started on this little project . Thanks again ...NMHUNTNUTT

Web address is www.brownells.com When you get on the web site, check out these parts numbers, #120-500-110, #765-100-010, #137-100-013. Stocks made for the Charles Daley Mauser rifle will fit the older Interarms Mark X rifles. Their 500 page catalog is only 5 bucks, free with purchase of any parts. They also carry a large amount of factory replacement parts for rifles, shotguns, and pistols.

RELH

Try Boyds gunstocks, royal arms or richards microfit. It a commercial Mauser action so any stock that will fit a commercial Mauser should work, maybe with a little fitting. The Mark Xs were very well made guns and I believe the same gun is currently being imported by Charles Daley/KBI

I have a Mark X in 25-06 and recently put a Bell and Carlson Thumbhole Premier stock on it and LOVE IT. It has a slight plam swell to it and feels great. I glass bedded the action and had to remove very little material. I took a little extra material out from around the recoil lug to allow more glass bed gel material to fill in around the lug. I'll post a picture if I can find it.

B&C makes the stock as a direct fit for the Mark X. They also have one for the large ring mauser actions that will work as well.

43267da2342e1660.jpg

43267dca344951bc.jpg

43267e433483481f.jpg

REM7ULTRA , thanks , that is exactly what I'm looking for ! Where did you get that stock , and how much was it ? I have one thumb-hole now and love it , but would love that for my Mark X .THANKS FOR RESPONDING , NMHUNTNUTT

Yikes!! I knew that was coming...I searched the internet and found a gunsmith place in Mississippi that had them for $99 about a year ago. I believe Midway USA, Brownells, and a few other places sell them for $199.

Here is the decriptor from the B&C site.

Premier? Thumbhole Style

This beautiful thumbhole design fits you better so you feel more comfortable and shoot more accurately. the Monte Carlo cheek piece provides better, quicker target acquisition, the thumbhole with palm swell provides better grip and helps reduce recoil. Includes Pachmayr? Decelerator? recoil pad and sling swivel studs.

#T111-___ *Interarms Mark X, Long Action

Fits current model action or short action with magazine area block

#T051-___ Mauser 98, Long Action

Fits sporter action with taper barrel without adjustable trigger,

because of multiple origins of manufacture and variations in actions

modifications may be required

Thanks Rem7ultra , I found it at Midway , Bell & Carlson Thumbhole #538192 , they only have 2 left so I'm gonna order one . After seeiny your rifle , I've decided I wanted to kinda customize mine alittle , its got an older scope , but am gonna put a new nikon on it , a snipe pod as well . I hope to have it done by Dec. Did you get your action bedded by someone local or did you send it to someone ? Talk at you later...NMHUNTNUTT

I'm glad you got a good one, I bought an Interarms 300 one time and the safety quit working on it, POS in my opinion.
dutch
" Man who excels at putting worm on hook is Master Baiter"

i am going to question you on this, not to be an ass or anything but i dont understand, you already said this rifle is awesome, shoots well and all that good stuff. why not just re-finish the stock? instead of messing with the fittings and all of that leave it how it is just re finish the stock, that is what i would do.

my .02
Casey

A few years back a buddy and I tried to re finish a .243 he had , about same condition . Well we even asked another guy who had some experiance to kinda guide us in what we were doing . Welp , that wasn't any better as we pretty much messed up the stock , real ugly . I figured guys who are into refinishing are probly good at it as its interesting to them , where as I'd rather have a stock ready to go . I bought the bell & carlson thumbhole stock and amm pretty happy I did , it looks real nice . As for the scope it came with , its an older scope with big reticles , and just assume put on a newer one , thus comes the nikon . I hinted to my wife about the nikon , maybe for Christmas , but thats my plan.....NMHUNTNUTT

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom