Internet ads

grizzmoose

Very Active Member
Lots of talk about internet ads here. It got me curious. What kind of value is the sponsor getting for their money? Personally, I take absolutely no issue with all the ads on this site. I think it is pretty great that Founder has built this page up enough to earn money from his work and passion in life. However, as for me personally, I have yet to ever click on any ad here. How many ads would you guys say you have clicked on in the last year?

A couple by accident while moving the cursor. Oh, and cameraland once. Founder may not like this thread...just sayin

If he doesn't, he can delete it. It's his site and he has every right to do so. I wouldnt be offended. But then again, he might be interested to know which ads get attention and which dont.

You did remind me though, I have clicked on a Cameraland ad before a long time ago. Forgot!

I don't mind all the adds myself, even get a chuckle out of the asian adds, but I friggen hate it when I have to close an add just to go into a forum, such as that chevy add in the elk section. I don't even go there anymore because of that add. BTW, I've never clicked on an add.

do NOT click on the Chinese girls ad, it's a trick!!!

The response on most ads average around .1%. So one click for every 1,000 ad impressions. Some ads obviously do real well, others not. I charge right around $1 per thousand impressions of multiple size ads....the ones that run on the left side and top. I typically deliver extra ad impressions for advrtisers. The cost per click ranges from $.20 - $.50 or so. In the end, it's about the same or a bit less than one would pay via pay-per-click in a google search ad or through their network.
The other ads on the site here, the ones that often aren't directly hunting related come through the google ad network. It works well, because it delivers ads based on what sites people are looking at and what they search for in google. So, by telling people you see ads for gay dating sites, ew have an idea what you've been looking at on the internet....LOL

I get the match.com ads all the time, because I've used that site in the past and so google delivers those ads to me. It ends up working well actually.

It's all like TV advertising. I rarely fly out of my seat and run down to Papa John's everytime I see a commercial, but it keeps it in my head just a bit, so when I think "Pizza tonight??" Papa John's is one of the first to come to mind.
No different here, by delivering Camera Land, Vortex and other ads, the idea is that when you decide to by a spotting scope, binoculars, etc. that Vortex comes to mind and Camera Land comes to mind as a place to buy from.

The guide and outfitter ads I offer here on the site do much better and quite often get a cost-per-click around 10 cents. That is very good compared to what a guide would have to pay-per-click in a google search. Plus, because MonsterMuleys.com is ranked very well in search engines, being listed on the site actually helps a guide or outfitters site with google rankings.

It would be nice if you all would just send me lots of money to pay bills, then I could pull all ads from the site, but we all know that ain't happening. So, I have to deliver ads. When they go away, so does the site.

It's extremely difficult to make any real significant money with a website.....atleast I think so. I also maintain websites for a few businesses.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

None for me so far but I see a new one today for a Roman Orgy. I will let you know how that turns out. Pics to follow.

FYI founder, I accidentally hit the chinese add. If i werent happily married i might look at it few more times!!

Mulecreek, be careful with that orgy talk... You might get a bunch of PM's to join the club house.

>FYI founder, I accidentally hit the
>chinese add. If i werent
>happily married i might look
>at it few more times!!
>
If Obama gets his way with the immigration laws, all it'll take is a box and a stamp and you can have all the chinese girls you can hide out back in the shed!

I click on ads all the time here. About the only site I do though. Hunting related ads only though. I hope Founder can keep it going.

Eel

I'll click the mouse as much as I can for 7 minutes, after that she'll have to google it herself...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

This site is a business.
It has expenses.
Bills need to be paid.
Adds are necessary.
Deal with it.

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

>>The other ads on the site
>here, the ones that often
>aren't directly hunting related come
>through the google ad network.
>It works well, because it
>delivers ads based on what
>sites people are looking at
>and what they search for
>in google. So, by telling
>people you see ads for
>gay dating sites, ew have
>an idea what you've been
>looking at on the internet....LOL

If that is true, it is eff'g HILARIOUS!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

"It is my penis, and I will wash it as fast and as long as I want to!" :)

Maybe I'll have to start clicking on a bunch of ads if you get a per click royalty. Thanks for the response Founder. Interesting stuff.

It was a bust, just a bunch of old Italian guys.

I hear alot about that clubhouse. Sounds like a "happy" place.

Now all my ads are in spanish. I have one ad for a resort in Brazil. Maybe I will go, I have always had a fondness for brazilians.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom