Interstate Travel in Nevada and Utah and east

FamilyMan

Very Active Member
My 70-somthing parents find themselves driving east on I-80 through Nevada and Utah today and tomorrow. Any recommendation on interesting things for them to see along the way?

From SLC east they have driven several times, but not west of there. Once in SLC they will have to decide whether to take the I-80 or I-70 route back toward Pennsylvania - they have driven both of these routes several times and are really tired of them. Any suggestions on this segment of the route would be appreciated also.

This is a 50-anniversary trip for them and they are returning from Calif. and want to make the drive worth while.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret not even the elk have found it yet.

If they are willing to get off the interstate for a ways and see some nice country, I would suggest going up Lamoile canyon which is not too far from Elko, or going up to Angle lake which is outside of Wells. They are small detours, but I beleive their worth the view.

That little resturaunt/bar in Lamoile is a definate must stop. Great food and alot of neat mounts.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Yep, Lamoile is worth the drive. And if they want to continue and see some real cowboys, the Jiggs bar is a little ways further. An interesting place also. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom