iphone scope adapter

smitty

Very Active Member
Anybody have one? Which is best suitable for a Swarovski scope and a iphone 4?

Saw one on cabelas but its a meopta, not sure if it'll fit my scope?

Smitty,

I got one for the exact set-up you have. Call Cheston Davis @ 435-383-3118 he sells the Phoneskope. It is a hard case (without a clear cover over the phone screen) coupled with an adaptor for your particular optics. I haven't quite got it dialed in yet as the image doesn't appear to be centered in my phone's camera so I am not getting a full circle image without vignetteing. Cheston said he could dial me in just a few minutes but I haven't been able to get him on the phone as of yet...

Horniac

Yes, there is 1 for DROID. There are many different ones. Definitely give Cheston a call. He's is a great guy. 1 bought 1 for my DROID x. You will love it.

Here's a few I've taken free hand. I am planning on buying the meopta set up as I have the cabelas euro= same scope.

71f27a87.jpg

87ed5c79.jpg

35622e92.jpg

3d69fb17.jpg

2b8aaab8.jpg

The best setup I have seen for those two devices are the PhoneSkope. I just ordered one from them for a Motorola Razr and Vortex Skyline. Eye piece fit perfect and using the velcro donuts they sent over works awesome. Takes a little common sense to line it up ( I have noticed a lot of people complaining about that) With your setup you won't even have to worry about it.

After looking for something for my android and not finding anything I liked, I went out and made my own. I got on Amazon.com and bought a .53 cent snap on hardcase for my HTC Sensation 4G and centered up and glued a .10 cent 1.5" washer to the case. The eyepiece on my scope (vortex nomad) is about 1.5 inches in diameter, so I took the one of the rubber pieces inside a pvc compression coupling I picked up at Home Depot.[http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...pression+coupling&storeId=10051#.UH8OXMU83zg]
I centered the rubber piece onto the washer and this is the final product.

2569phonescopeadapter.jpg

Top left is the finished case, top right is the picture of what I was looking at from my brothers driveway, bottom pics are through the adapter with my phone.(bottom left you can see the power line on the bottom of the picture that you can see running through the top right photo.) Not bad for first try, and it cost me less than $10 all told.

Finally got out and took some pics with the iphone this weekend. Works great.

6052iphone.jpg

6908iphone2.jpg

1642iphone3.jpg

5979iphone5.jpg

For referance on how far the pics were taken this is just with the iphone not through the spotter.

4169iphone4.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom