Is this a shooter or just a ram for pasture

chindits

If this is a shooter when would you take it, last day, first day, never?

5241half_ram_1.jpg

1364half_ram_2.jpg

2595half_ram_6.jpg

3728half_ram_5.jpg

I would take him...he tells the story of his life and great unsung battles he has encountered in defense of his crown and position of the band he has grown up in...and because I want a Ram.

H*ll yes.

What a warrior!
I'm blessed with more than a few rams on the walls around here but none have that kind of character. I'd be proud to take that stud.

Well thanks for all your thoughts on this. I guess at one time Lance Armstrong's wife was proud of him, but it had nothing to do with his ball count. However that's all over now.

I wonder how the loss of his horn effected this ram's life, he was solo after all but then again he wasn't worried about terrain for protection like the herd 6 miles away.

Depending on amount of time to hunt, I'd probably pass. It would make a sweet mount if you did something unique with it.

They rarely survive very long after losing a horn. Doubtful it was from fighting, more than likely from sickness.

Tough to see them like that. He doesn't' look to healthy.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-13 AT 09:15AM (MST)[p]Thing is a hammer! Shooter in eye of beholder, but definitely not "just a ram" ;)

I can think of more than a few areas/scenarios where I'd let him have it :)

Bambi man, have to disagree with ya on the low survival expectancy in the one-horns. Here's a few of the single-bangers that I've watched over the years; they've all seemed to manage pretty well up into old age...pictured dudes are 10+ and have been missing their horns for a couple/few years

13714550.jpg

39604868.jpg

^scrappy little punk napoleon even knocked the big chunk out the year after he broke his other side off :)

48155918.jpg

8885914.jpg

1367697.jpg

71407702.jpg

Anyway, thanks for pics of the one horned battle hammer!

Cheers

I'd never argue with GW about sheep!
Great additional pics Mr Simms.

I too, can think of many situations where he is a shooter!
Single bangers will more likely die of old age than a bullet, which means one more ram went down to forces other than a tag holder.
That being said, sheep hunts are rare, and we are all looking for that "perfect trophy".
One could and should be proud of taking that old battler... and if the missing side eats at ya, a good taxidermist can remedy that.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-09-13 AT 09:42PM (MST)[p]Very nice photos on some stout looking rams...... oh hell some of em look like fat hogs compared to the sheep I've seen around here

Character goes allllong way... Like Adam said depends on allot of different scenarios...would rather have him with both horns but depends of on what your seeing...rather have him than a 7/8 with lamb tips

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom